Vacation events galore! In the event you observe me on Instagram, you know the way a lot I like internet hosting (and attending) vacation events. Connecting with family and friends whereas sharing the vacation cheer is so heartwarming. Plus, I like designing the desk setting and making my dwelling really feel welcoming. I’ll be welcoming my get together friends with this luxury Winter Dawn cocktail!
I’ve been on a cocktail kick lately and have made some actually scrumptious drinks for my upcoming cookbook. However I couldn’t wait to share this straightforward vacation spiced hibiscus recipe. It’s smoky, refreshing, and completely sweetened. This yummy Winter Dawn cocktail will look and style elegant on your friends, whereas straightforward sufficient so that you can make any time you’d like!
- Ginger and nutmeg: We’re grating these contemporary so as to add heat and provides it slightly style of the vacations.
- Orange and lemon: Contemporary squeezed lemon brings a freshness to chop via the hibiscus. The orange slices spherical out the citrus notes whereas bringing in a contact of sweetness.
- Smoked cinnamon: This tip is elective however will impart a pleasant smoky taste from smoking your glass with a cinnamon stick (and your complete home will odor divine).
- Bourbon whiskey: The liquor is an ideal mix with the sturdy brewed hibiscus.
- Glassware: I used some fairly coupe glasses I purchased on Amazon however any stemmed cocktail glass will do.
When you’ve got a shaker set it’s so much simpler however you don’t want one. A clear empty jar works simply as properly. Make the hibiscus tea forward of time when you’d like as that does take the longest time and might want to cool only a bit earlier than including to your shaker or jar. And after you’re completed smoking your glass along with your cinnamon stick, you may add it (burnt aspect up) to your cocktail as further garnish.
I personally assume the drink is ideal and balanced with the bourbon whiskey I used however in order for you a substitute, select your favourite rum, brandy, or cognac. It will also be loved as a virgin drink in your lovely cocktail glasses as a scrumptious spiced tea.
Winter Dawn Cocktail
This divine smoked hibiscus cocktail is paying homage to chilly winter mornings watching the dawn across the wooden range.
- 1/2 cup ice
- 2/3 cup strong-brewed cool hibiscus tea
- 4 oz bourbon whiskey
- 1/2 oz contemporary lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 oz agave + extra to style
- 1/2 tsp grated contemporary ginger
- sprint of cinnamon
- 2 Orange slices + 2 extra to serve
- Contemporary grated Nutmeg to high
Shake the entire components (minus the two additional orange slices and nutmeg) with ice, and double pressure into smoked glasses.
Grate contemporary nutmeg over every cocktail, and serve with a slice of orange.
To smoke the glasses: mild two cinnamon sticks on hearth. As soon as the hearth catches, blow it out, and place the cocktail glasses over the smoking cinnamon sticks for about 30 seconds. Instantly fill the glasses with the cocktail.