There’s not a lot of an intro to start out with right here, aside from to say that these are my husband’s absolute favourite cookies EVER. I’m re-sharing them right this moment as we rejoice all issues blueberries this summer time.
Fact is, I’ve most likely made Tony 50 completely different sorts of cookies through the years and but he continues to request these. They’re excellent for a treat-yourself date evening spent at house, or anytime you need to actually impress somebody together with your baking abilities — as a result of let me let you know: these cookies are merely irresistible.
The actual query although: what’s to not love about chewy blueberry oatmeal cookies bursting with juicy blueberries in between layers of coconut and candy white chocolate chunks? NOMS.
Personally, I feel these cookies embody the flavour of a bakery-style blueberry muffin (like this well-known recipe). Yep, you learn that proper, COOKIES THAT TASTE LIKE A BLUEBERRY MUFFIN! Fairly heavenly actually. However don’t fear, these cookies nonetheless have crispy edges and a comfortable, chewy center (like all actual cookie ought to.)
Welcome to the AK Summer season Sequence
For the remainder of the summer time, we’ll be dedicating every week to pick summer time produce! Week 1 we’re celebrating all issues BLUEBERRIES, persevering with with these stunning cookies. Keep tuned on the weblog and on Instagram for every week’s produce spotlight, enjoyable movies, and extra.
FREE Final Information to Cookie Baking
Enroll beneath and get a FREE printable e-book with my finest ideas & tips for baking excellent cookies each time!
Components in these blueberry oatmeal cookies
There are just a few elements that basically assist these blueberry cookies stand out and style like a blueberry muffin (however in dessert kind). Right here’s what you’ll want:
- Coconut oil: I really like utilizing coconut oil in cookies as a result of it retains them tremendous chewy, but they nonetheless get barely crispy alongside the sides. Plus the flavour is AMAZING.
- Darkish brown sugar: do you know that dark brown sugar has a barely extra molasses taste? LOVE. Gentle brown sugar works, too!
- Egg: you’ll want one to assist the cookies bake up correctly.
- Vanilla + almond extract: as a result of everybody is aware of almond + blueberry are a match made in heaven. And vanilla too! Discover ways to make your personal vanilla extract right here.
- All objective flour: we’re utilizing common all purpose flour on this recipe for one of the best texture.
- Rolled oats: I desire to make use of quaint rolled oats however fast oats will even work.
- Baking staples: you’ll want baking soda and salt, that are important for correct baking.
- Shredded coconut: you should use sweetened or unsweetened shredded coconut. For these cookies, I like to make use of the sweetened variety, but it surely’s as much as you! Simply be sure to are utilizing shredded coconut NOT coconut flakes.
- White chocolate: you should use white chocolate chunks or white chocolate chips. Both will work fantastically.
- Frozen blueberries: frozen blueberries are MUCH simpler to work with than contemporary blueberries, so I like to recommend freezing your berries first. You’ll pop about 3 frozen blueberries into every cookie dough scoop you roll.
Non-obligatory ingredient swaps
There are just a few substitutions you can also make on this cookie recipe that I feel will nonetheless prove nicely! Right here’s what I can counsel:
- For the coconut oil: be happy to make use of melted butter or, to maintain them dairy-free, melted vegan butter.
- For the oats: you may also use fast oats as a substitute of old style oats in case you’d like.
- For the mix-ins: these cookies would even be scrumptious with darkish chocolate chunks or chips! It’s also possible to attempt folding in frozen raspberries or diced, frozen strawberries.
Can I make them vegan or gluten free?
I haven’t examined these blueberry oatmeal cookies with vegan or gluten-free substitutes, however I feel a flax egg ought to work to interchange the common egg, and gluten free oat flour ought to work nicely rather than the all objective flour. Discover ways to make oat flour right here!
Learn how to make one of the best blueberry oatmeal cookies
- Combine the moist elements. Begin by including beating collectively the melted coconut oil and brown sugar within the bowl of an electrical mixer. Then add the egg and extracts and blend till easy.
- Whisk the dry elements. In a separate massive mixing bowl, whisk collectively the entire dry elements.
- Make the batter. Slowly add the dry elements to the moist elements and blend till nicely mixed. Fold within the coconut and white chocolate.
- Form the cookies. Seize the dough with a medium cookie scoop, flatten it in your hand, and thoroughly roll in 2-3 frozen blueberries. Place every cookie dough ball on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake, cool & devour. Bake the cookies up till they flip barely golden brown on the sides, then allow them to cool earlier than diving in!
My favourite half about these cookies are the blueberries that burst in your mouth if you take a chunk. That mixed with the sweetness of the white chocolate plus chewiness of the coconut and oats is likely one of the finest combos I’ve ever tasted. I hope you like them.
Freezer-friendly cookies: 2 alternative ways
You’ll be able to both freeze the cookie dough or the already-baked cookies to take pleasure in treats for later! Try this submit to learn to freeze these cookies.
Extra blueberry recipes you’ll love
Get all of my berry recipes right here!
I hope you like these white chocolate blueberry coconut oatmeal cookies! When you make them, please go away a remark & ranking to let me understand how you preferred them. I actually recognize it — xo!
White Chocolate Coconut Blueberry Oatmeal Cookies
Probably the most scrumptious, chewy blueberry oatmeal cookies with candy white chocolate and coconut in each chunk. These straightforward blueberry oatmeal cookies are made with coconut oil for double the coconut taste and severely style like a contemporary blueberry muffin. They’re my husband’s absolute favourite cookie!
- 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil, melted and cooled to room temperature (however nonetheless liquid)
- 3/4 cup packed darkish brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1 cup all objective flour
- 1 cup old style rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut flakes
- 2 oz good-quality white chocolate bar, coarsely chopped (about 1/2 cup white chocolate chunks or chips)
- frozen natural blueberries (you will want 2-3 blueberries per cookie, so round 40-50 blueberries)
Preheat oven to 350 levels F. Line a big baking sheet with parchment paper and put aside.
In bowl of an electrical mixer beat collectively melted coconut oil and brown sugar till easy. Add in egg, vanilla and almond extract; beat once more on medium velocity till easy and creamy.
In massive bowl whisk collectively flour, oats, baking soda, and salt. Add dry elements to the moist elements; mixing once more on medium velocity till nicely mixed. Slowly fold in shredded coconut and white chocolate chunks/chips.
Use a medium cookie scoop to assemble a heaping rounded tablespoon of dough. Flatten the dough within the palm of your hand and add two or three frozen blueberries on prime, roll dough again right into a ball and place on cookie sheet. Repeat with every dough ball.
Bake for 10-13 minutes or till cookie edges simply start to show golden brown.
Take away from oven and funky for a couple of minutes on baking sheet till the cookies agency up a bit, about 5 minutes. Switch to a wire rack to permit cookies to chill utterly. Makes about 16-18 cookies
If you do not have coconut oil, be happy to make use of melted butter.
To make gluten free: I feel utilizing gluten free oat flour rather than common flour would work nicely!
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Formidable Kitchen | Images by: Eat Love Eats
This recipe was initially revealed on June 14, 2014, up to date on January 27, 2020, and republished on July eleventh, 2023.