Finely chopped cabbage, carrots, and onion and a creamy, zesty dressing make this vegan KFC copycat coleslaw an enormous hit at any celebration! That is the right coleslaw recipe – the flavour and texture is excellent!
Do you could have a favourite quick meals that you just bear in mind fondly from while you had been rising up? Or from earlier than you had meals allergic reactions?
For me, that quick meals is Kentucky Fried Hen. (I do know! It’s not good for you. However this was means again within the day).
My Grandma Tootsie used to get KFC and produce it over to our home. The fried hen, the mashed potatoes, the buttermilk biscuits, and the coleslaw…all so good.
And all these years later, I nonetheless really feel just like the KFC coleslaw is the very best! I haven’t had it in perpetually, however the candy, zesty dressing continues to be imprinted onto my style buds.
We love coleslaw, and I do have just a few recipes that I make commonly, together with this purple cabbage model.
Since I actually needed to recreate that taste, I did some research, and located some copycat recipes on-line. These contained egg and dairy, so I made some adjustments to make this allergy pleasant KFC copycat coleslaw. It tastes SO good…precisely like the unique in my view!
- Cabbage – Use a regular inexperienced cabbage – the sort yow will discover in any grocery retailer.
- Carrots and Onion – The onion provides taste, and the carrots are a regular coleslaw ingredient that provides taste and a pop of colour.
- Non-Dairy Milk – You’ll wish to use the non-dairy milk that works in your food regimen. I used So Scrumptious Unsweetened Coconut Milk Beverage. Any impartial tasting non-dairy milk ought to be effective.
- Egg Free Mayo – I used Earth Steadiness Aware Mayo. If that doesn’t give you the results you want, go forward and use your favourite mayonnaise.
- Recent Lemon Juice and Vinegar – These acids assist make the dressing good and tangy.
A meals processor is one of the best ways to get the cabbage and carrots finely shredded. Not sure about what the blades or attachments do in your meals processor? This guide will assist.
Disclosure: This publish incorporates affiliate hyperlinks.
Vegan KFC Copycat Coleslaw.
This vegan copycat KFC coleslaw is rather like you bear in mind! So candy and zesty, and the right aspect dish for a barbecue!
Shred the cabbage, carrot, and onion utilizing the shredding disc in your meals processor.
Take away the shredding disc. Place the shredded cabbage, carrots, and onion in a big bowl. Rinse the meals processor components.
Place the S blade within the meals processor and add all of the substances for the dressing. Mix on excessive pace till easy.
Pour dressing over the shredded greens. Stir. Refrigerate for one hour earlier than serving.
Retailer leftovers within the fridge. They need to keep contemporary for about 4 days.
Tailored from this recipe.