These vegan applesauce muffins are the proper breakfast or brunch deal with however they’ll additionally double up as dessert. They’re tender and scrumptious and infused with the flavour of apples and crunchy almonds. They’re additionally fairly guilt-free!
These vegan applesauce muffins are loaded with a lot goodness. They’re complete wheat and each chew is infused with the scent of cardamom and cinnamon. Now who would not need to eat that for breakfast?
Applesauce is a good ingredient for tenderizing breads and muffins, like on this vegan banana crumb muffin recipe. But it surely additionally works rather well as a flavoring agent by itself. In these muffins it does double obligation as an excellent tenderizer that produces a comfortable, fluffy muffin, whereas additionally including an intoxicating apple aroma.
Desk of Contents
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Wholesome and scrumptious. There’s a lot goodness packed in these muffins with the applesauce and the entire wheat flour. Use a pure sugar, like coconut sugar or turbinado sugar, to maximise their goodness.
- Straightforward. The batter for these muffins comes collectively in a single bowl in simply minutes. And you may solely want pantry components! It is a good way to make use of up any applesauce standing round within the fridge earlier than it goes unhealthy.
- Child-friendly. These guilt-free applesauce muffins are the proper deal with to pack in your kid’s lunchbox. You can even bake these up as mini muffins for small palms and mouths.
- Dairy-free, soy-free and will be nut-free. Skip the almonds for a nut-free model (see different recommendations in “variations” part beneath).
- Flour. Use complete wheat pastry flour for all-whole-wheat muffins. You can even use common complete wheat flour or unbleached all goal flour.
- Baking powder + baking soda
- Floor cinnamon + floor cardamom. These add superb taste and an appetizing aroma to the muffins.
- Applesauce. Unsweetened applesauce is most well-liked.
- Pure vanilla extract
- Impartial oil. A flavorless oil, equivalent to avocado oil or grape seed oil, is most well-liked. You should utilize coconut oil if you’d like a coconutty taste in your muffins.
- Sugar. Turbinado sugar or coconut sugar are most well-liked for a more healthy muffin. You should utilize any sugar of your selection or maple syrup.
- Apple cider vinegar (non-obligatory). You do not completely want this as a result of the applesauce is tart sufficient to activate the baking soda, nevertheless it helps make the muffins lighter and fluffier.
- Sliced almonds. These are non-obligatory, particularly in case you are nut-free. See variations beneath for extra concepts.
- Stir chocolate chips into the batter as an alternative of almonds for muffins youngsters will completely love! You can even use different varieties of nuts, like walnuts or pecans.
- Use almond extract as an alternative of vanilla for a in a different way scrumptious taste.
- Swap out the cardamom for nutmeg, or use pumpkin spice in these muffins.
Sure, you’ll be able to. The muffins will style a bit nuttier and the crumb will probably be extra dense, however they’ll nonetheless be scrumptious.
To make mini muffins use a 24-cup mini muffin pan and bake for 12 minutes or till a toothpick within the heart of a muffin comes out clear.
The amount of sugar — ¾ths of a cup — provides the proper sweetness, with out making these applesauce muffins too candy. You possibly can cut back the quantity of sugar to ½ cup if you’d like a much less candy muffin.
Extra yummy vegan muffin recipes
Did you make this recipe? Go away a assessment and a star ranking beneath or tag us on Instagram! Thanks!
Vegan Applesauce Muffins
These vegan applesauce muffins are the proper breakfast deal with however they’ll additionally double up as dessert. They’re tender and scrumptious and infused with the flavour of apples and crunchy almonds. They’re additionally fairly guilt-free!
Servings: 12 muffins
Forestall your display from going darkish
Preheat the oven to 400 levels.
Place the flour in a bowl together with the baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cardamom and salt. Whisk.
Add the applesauce, oil, vanilla, sugar and apple cider vinegar, if utilizing, to the bowl. Use a spatula to combine utilizing a couple of strokes, then stir within the sliced almonds, if utilizing. Do not overmix.
Line a 12-cup, standard-size muffin pan with cupcake liners or spray the pan with cooking spray or oil. Divide the batter equally among the many cups.
Bake for 18 minutes or till a toothpick inserted within the heart of a muffin comes out clear with no batter sticking to it.
Cool on a wire rack, then serve heat or at room temperature.
Serving: 1muffin | Energy: 192kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 3g | Fats: 8g | Saturated Fats: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 2g | Monounsaturated Fats: 5g | Trans Fats: 0.02g | Sodium: 96mg | Potassium: 129mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 6IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 1mg