That is actually the perfect and most scrumptious nut free vegan caramel corn recipe. Crunchy, candy, and salty, this tasty deal with is at all times a favourite. Make it for a celebration or simply for a particular deal with, and watch it disappear.
Certainly one of my favourite dessert recipes is caramel corn. The salty, candy, crispy mixture is solely irresistible.
Caramel corn is ideal for nearly any event. It makes an important reward throughout the vacation season, it’s scrumptious for an out of doors film night time, and it’s excellent for any birthday celebration.
It’s actually one in all my favourite treats – put a bowl in entrance of me, and it is going to be gone within the blink of a watch!
For those who haven’t made this from scratch earlier than, don’t fear. It’s simpler than you assume, and I’m going to stroll you thru the method, step-by-step.
- Popcorn – Please be happy to make use of any model of popcorn that works to your dietary wants. We just like the heirloom number of popcorn, as a result of they don’t have as many powerful hulls. Observe: For those who use common popcorn, you could not want as many kernels. Heirloom Popcorn has barely smaller kernels, which is ok with me, as a result of they’re so scrumptious!
- Oil – You want oil to pop the popcorn. Natural canola oil works nicely, however you may as well use coconut oil.
- Corn Syrup – Gentle corn syrup is required to make the caramel – we use Healthful Sweeteners Natural Gentle Corn Syrup, however any model will work.
- Gentle Brown Sugar – Make certain to make use of mild brown sugar. Darkish brown is not going to work for making this caramel.
- Vegan Buttery Unfold – We use Earth Stability Vegan Buttery Unfold – it offers the caramel an exquisite, buttery taste. I’ve not examined this with some other sort of vegan butter.
- A heavy bottomed saucepan works finest for making the caramel – it helps maintain the caramel from burning.
- A sweet thermometer is a should in order that you realize when to cease cooking the caramel. Don’t be afraid if you happen to’ve by no means used a sweet thermometer earlier than. It’s simple to clip to your pan and tells you precisely when to cease cooking the caramel.
- A big bowl or massive deep pan can also be crucial for mixing the popcorn and the caramel.
Suggestions for Success
- A sweet thermometer is a should! It’s essential prepare dinner the caramel to the precise proper temperature.
- Make certain the thermometer doesn’t relaxation on the underside of the pan.
- Stir the caramel consistently in order that it doesn’t burn.
- Watch out when pouring the caramel over the popcorn – it is extremely sizzling.
- Be sure you butter the roasting pans, or use parchment paper on baking sheets in order that the caramel corn doesn’t stick with the pans.
You’ll be able to retailer caramel popcorn in an hermetic container or ziploc baggage. It ought to keep contemporary for about 5-6 days.
It’s fantastic for a vacation, birthday celebration, or a Tremendous Bowl get together!
Study to make SAFE, tasty meals for your loved ones. Join my community in the present day and begin getting all my finest suggestions, tips, and allergy pleasant recipes in your inbox.
Disclosure: This publish accommodates affiliate hyperlinks.
The Finest Vegan Caramel Corn.
Candy, salty, tasty, vegan caramel corn is the proper dessert for a celebration. This scrumptious deal with is dairy free, nut free, and gluten free.
vegan buttery unfold
I used Earth Stability Soy Free Sticks
I used heirloom popcorn. For those who use regular popcorn, you could possibly use much less
organic canola oil
or coconut oil
mild brown sugar
light corn syrup
Preheat the oven to 250 levels F. Butter the underside and sides of a big roasting pan. (Relying on the scale, you could want two pans). You could possibly additionally use two parchment paper lined cookie sheets.
Pop the popcorn in two batches: Warmth 2 ½ Tablespoons of canola oil and 4 corn kernels in a big kettle with a lid over medium excessive warmth. As soon as the take a look at kernels pop, take away the pan from the warmth, and add ¾ cup corn kernels. Put the lid on, and maintain the pan off the warmth for 30 seconds. Then place again on the warmth. As soon as the kernels actually begin popping, shake the pan intermittently.
When there are 2-3 seconds between pops, take away the pan from warmth and pour the contents into the roaster. Repeat to pop the opposite half of the corn.
Make the caramel: In a heavy bottomed saucepan with a candy thermometer clipped to the facet, warmth the buttery unfold, brown sugar, and corn syrup over medium warmth. Stir consistently, till the sweet thermometer reads 255 levels F.
Take away the pan from the warmth, and add the vanilla extract, baking soda, and salt. Stir to mix.
Shortly pour the caramel over the popcorn, and stir to coat. Watch out! The caramel is tremendous sizzling.
Place the caramel corn within the oven, and bake for about one hour, stirring each quarter-hour.
Let caramel corn cool utterly – it can crisp up because it cools off.
Retailer in an hermetic container.
Retailer popcorn in an hermetic container. It ought to keep contemporary for 5-6 days.
Relying on the kind of popcorn you employ, you could want a bit of roughly than the quantity specified above. Heirloom popcorn has small kernels, and common popcorn has bigger kernels and pops up into bigger items.
Tailored from this recipe.