Strawberries and Cream Oatmeal – Tremendous Wholesome Youngsters
The flavors of strawberries and cream actually shine on this easy and scrumptious oatmeal recipe. Cooking the oatmeal in pureed strawberries and milk ensures you’ll get that contemporary berry taste in each chunk.
Why we LOVE this Strawberries and Cream Oatmeal
We love oatmeal in our residence, and have fairly a couple of oatmeal recipes on common rotation. However this one is particular for a few causes. To start with, it comes collectively tremendous shortly on the stovetop. As a lot as we love our baked oatmeal recipes.. they take a bit extra time. Secondly, it’s the excellent recipe for utilizing up these ‘previous their prime’ strawberries that we typically discover lurking within the nook of the fridge. Subsequent time, don’t toss them! Puree these berries up with some milk and whip up this Strawberries and Cream oatmeal.
And final, however actually not least… it’s so satisfyingly scrumptious. The candy, contemporary taste of strawberries and cream is one thing we by no means tire of. By pureeing the berries and cooking the oatmeal proper within the strawberry milk, you get that scrumptious berry taste in each chunk of oatmeal. So easy, however so yummy. You’ll be able to alter the sugar if obligatory, relying on how candy your berries are.
Substances for Strawberries and Cream Oatmeal:
- Oats– We use common rolled oats for this oatmeal.
- Strawberries– Candy, in-season berries gives you the perfect strawberry taste.
- Oat Milk– We used oat milk, however you should utilize no matter milk you retain readily available.
- Sugar– We used granulated sugar. Maple syrup, honey, or any sweetener of alternative works right here too!
- Vanilla Extract– Offers a lift of yummy taste to this oatmeal.
- Salt– Including a little bit of salt actually brings out the flavors with out tasting salty.
The right way to Make Strawberries and Cream Oatmeal:
- Rinse your strawberries, trim the stems, and add them to a blender with the milk. Put aside a couple of strawberries to prime your oatmeal with.
- Puree till easy.
- Add the strawberry milk to a saucepan together with the oats, sugar, vanilla, and salt.
- Simmer over medium warmth for 5-6 minutes or till thick and creamy.
- Serve topped with diced strawberries.
Suggestions & Options:
Can I exploit different fruits for this oatmeal?
Sure! This identical course of would work with a number of completely different fruits. Bananas, peaches, or raspberries would all be scrumptious.
Can I reheat the leftovers?
Leftover oatmeal could be saved within the fridge in an hermetic container for as much as 5 days.
Can I exploit different oats on this recipe?
Now we have solely used common rolled oats on this recipe, however I’m certain it could work with different oats. Merely observe the recipe as directed, however cook dinner in keeping with your bundle instructions.
Extra Scrumptious Oatmeal Recipes:
Strawberries and Cream Oatmeal
The flavors of strawberries and cream actually shine on this easy and scrumptious oatmeal recipe. Cooking the oatmeal in pureed strawberries and milk ensures you will get that contemporary berry taste in each chunk.
- 3 cups unsweetened oat or coconut milk not canned
- 3 cups strawberries 24 giant strawberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar extra for added sweetness
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup cream if desired
Rinse strawberries and lower the stems off. Place the strawberries in a blender with the milk, leaving out a handful of strawberries to prime the oatmeal with. Mix till easy. Cube the remaining strawberries.
In a big pot, add the blended strawberry milk, vanilla, sugar, salt, and oats. Warmth at medium-high and produce to a simmer. Flip the warmth all the way down to medium and simmer 5-6 minutes till thickened and creamy. Take away from warmth.
Switch to bowls and prime with diced strawberries and a drizzle of cream if desired. Serve heat and revel in!
Energy: 349kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 9g | Fats: 10g | Saturated Fats: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 2g | Ldl cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 238mg | Potassium: 416mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 601IU | Vitamin C: 64mg | Calcium: 307mg | Iron: 4mg
I am a registered dietitian, mother of 4, avid lover of meals and robust promoter of wholesome habits. Right here one can find a number of scrumptious recipes stuffed with fruits and veggies, suggestions for getting your children to eat higher and develop into intuitive eaters and plenty of assets for feeding your loved ones.
Study Extra about Natalie