Get pleasure from this protein-packed Shrimp Quesadilla recipe bursting with savory flavors – a perfect alternative for a lightweight and satisfying dinner or lunch.
Whether or not you’re a seafood lover or a fan of Mexican delicacies, Shrimp Quesadillas are a must-try dish that mixes one of the best of each worlds. If you happen to love quesadillas however are uncertain match them into your wholesome health targets, you’ll love this simple recipe. With lean shrimp because the star ingredient and a beneficiant quantity of protein, these simple quesadillas are filling and scrumptious. The high fiber tortillas and the freshness of the Tomato Avocado Salsa make it a well-rounded and nutritious alternative. If you happen to choose rooster, attempt these quesadilla recipes; Hen Quesadillas with mango salsa and BBQ Hen Quesadillas.
Quesadilla with Shrimp Substances
- Crimson Onion and Garlic finely chopped and sauteed with the shrimp
- Jalapeño: Mince one jalapeño. Depart among the seeds in it for a spicy quesadilla.
- Tomato: Cube one vine-ripened tomato.
- Shrimp: You should purchase shrimp peeled and deveined to avoid wasting time. If you happen to get frozen shrimp, thaw them within the fridge the evening earlier than making this quesadilla recipe.
- Salt to season the veggies
- Cilantro: Chop contemporary cilantro.
- Tortillas: Select high-fiber tortillas with 110 energy or fewer, like Ole Xtreme. You need to use totally different tortillas, however the dietary information will change.
- Cheese: You’ll want shredded pepper jack or Monterey Jack cheese.
- Tomato Avocado Salsa: Tomato, avocado, lime juice, cilantro, pink onion, salt
- Protein: Swap shrimp with diced rooster or floor turkey.
- Cheese: Use shredded cheddar cheese or Mexican cheese mix.
- Tomatoes: Sub grape or cherry tomatoes.
- Tortillas: Substitute flour or corn tortillas.
How one can Make Shrimp Quesadillas
- Tomato Avocado Salsa: Mix the salsa components in a bowl. When prepared to make use of, drain in a colander so the quesadilla doesn’t get soggy.
- Greens: Warmth a big nonstick skillet over medium warmth, and sauté onion, garlic, and jalapeño in oil till mushy for about two minutes. Add the tomatoes and salt and cook dinner till thickened for a couple of minutes.
- Shrimp: Add the chopped shrimp and cilantro to the skillet and enhance the warmth to medium-high. Cook dinner for one to 2 minutes till the shrimp turns pink and is cooked within the heart. Switch the combination to a bowl and put aside.
- Prep the Skillet: Clear the skillet, spray with oil, and return the warmth to medium-high.
- Cook dinner the Quesadillas: Lay a tortilla flat within the pan, unfold shrimp combination onto one half, and prime with cheese. Cook dinner the tortilla for 2 minutes to soften the cheese then add the drained salsa. Fold the naked tortilla half over the filling with a spatula and press flippantly to seal. Flip it over and cook dinner till golden and crispy. Slice it into wedges and serve. Repeat the method with the remaining components.
What to Serve with Shrimp Quesadillas
You possibly can eat these wholesome shrimp quesadillas plain or garnish them with numerous toppings. Salsa, guacamole, bitter cream, or chopped contemporary cilantro are glorious choices to boost the flavors. For some facet dishes, do that Grilled Corn Salad, Skillet Mexican Zucchini, Black Beans or Tortilla Soup.
How one can Retailer Quesadillas
Retailer these shrimp quesadillas within the fridge in an hermetic container for as much as 3 days. Reheat them in a skillet for greatest outcomes, or microwave them in case you’re quick on time.
Extra Mexican-Impressed Shrimp Recipes You Will Love
Yield: 4 servings
Serving Dimension: 1 quesadilla
For the Tomato Avocado Salsa:
Warmth a big skillet over medium warmth, saute the onion, garlic and jalapeno in oil till mushy, about 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes and 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook dinner till thickened 2 to three minutes.
Add the shrimp, and cilantro and cook dinner medium- excessive warmth 1 to 2 minutes, till the shrimp turns pink and is cooked by way of. Put aside in a bowl.
Clear the skillet. Respray and return to medium-high warmth.
Lay tortilla flat, and unfold 1 / 4 of the shrimp onto one half. High with 1/4 cup cheese. Cook dinner the half-loaded tortilla for two minutes. High with 1/4 of the drained salsa.
Fold the naked tortilla half over the filling with a spatula, and press flippantly to seal.
Rigorously flip and cook dinner till golden and crispy, about 3 minutes on either side.
Slice into wedges and serve. Repeat with the remaining.
Please leave a rating and comment letting us understand how you preferred this recipe! This helps our enterprise to thrive and proceed offering free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 1 quesadilla, Energy: 299 kcal, Carbohydrates: 27.5 g, Protein: 24 g, Fats: 16 g, Saturated Fats: 6 g, Ldl cholesterol: 132 mg, Sodium: 998 mg, Fiber: 14 g, Sugar: 4 g