This beautiful ricotta, pea and lemon pasta dish is a dreamy, speedy meal. With a creamy ricotta sauce, pops of peas and asparagus, zesty lemon and recent mint to complete. It’s a uplifting different to tomato-based sauces.
The recipe was a cheerful unintended creation one lunchtime, with my 2 yr previous “serving to” me. And me on a mission to make use of up some bits within the fridge. The ensuing dish was merely sensational and the proper summery bowlful of pasta.
I’ve coeliac illness so use gluten free pasta for this recipe, nevertheless if you happen to don’t must eat gluten free merely swap in common pasta.
Which Pasta Ought to I Use?
The Tesco gluten free fusilli was our pasta of selection, it’s low-cost and works properly, however any gluten free pasta selection will do. I’d maybe keep away from penne, because it’s not the most effective with creamy sauces, however different shapes, spaghetti and tagliatelle can be best.
Ricotta, Pea & Lemon Pasta Recipe
This recipe serves two however will be simply tailored to feed extra, merely double or triple the portions relying on what number of mouths you need to feed. You too can be versatile with the greens used – asparagus will be changed with further peas if it’s out of season.
When you take pleasure in this ricotta, pea & lemon pasta recipe, please depart a evaluate on the recipe card under. It makes a world of distinction to me :). And you can too share pictures of your property creations in my Cooking Club on Facebook.
Thanks a lot! Laura xxx
Prepare dinner Time:
A light-weight and vibrant pasta dish, with cremay ricotta sauce, pops of peas and asparagus, lemon zest and recent mint.
- 1 shallot
- 1 massive leek
- Knob of butter (15g) and 1 tsp olive oil
- Half a rooster inventory dice
- 100ml white wine
- 200g asparagus
- 150g frozen petit pois
- 1 clove garlic
- 100ml double cream
- 125g ricotta
- Zest of 1 lemon
- To serve: recent mint leaves, 150g pasta (or your most popular serving for two folks)
- Finely cube the shallot. Slice the leek in half lengthways and slice thinly into half rounds. Add each to a frying pan with a knob of butter and sprint of olive oil, cook dinner till softened.
- Add a minced clove of garlic and cook dinner for an extra minute. [And meanwhile, start cooking your pasta per the packet instructions, enough for 2 people]
- Add 100ml white wine and half a crumbled rooster inventory dice to the frying pan, simmer till the liquid has lowered.
- Chop the asparagus into small items and add to the pan together with the frozen petit pois. Saute for about 5 minutes till the peas and asparagus are nearly cooked.
- Flip the warmth down and add 100ml double cream, 125g ricotta cheese, zest of 1 lemon, and salt and pepper. Stir till easy.
- Drain the cooked pasta, give it a rinse in recent water to do away with any extra starch, and add to the pan. Stir via to coat the pasta within the sauce.
- Serve in bowls with roughly chopped recent mint on prime. Delish!
I hope you’re keen on this ricotta, pea and lemon pasta dish as a lot as Sebi and I do! For extra speedy dinner concepts, why not strive a few of my different recipes. You’ll discover over 200 recipes on this web site, however listed below are a number of specific ones i believe you’ll love:
Get pleasure from! Laura xxx