There’s actually no higher combo than peanut butter and jelly.
Peanut butter jelly breakfast toast with additional crunchy chia seeds. Peanut butter on a cinnamon raisin bagel (omg). Peanut butter and recent strawberries unfold on banana muffins. Peanut butter and jelly stuffed french toast.
Peanut butter and jelly endlessly and ever, amen.
It’s humorous, however PB&J doesn’t really feel like a nostalgic meals to me. My dad and mom by no means excessively packed my lunch field with it, nor did they purchase me these bizarre little pasty white crustless frozen PB&J sandwiches from Smucker’s. So I really haven’t any actual motive or information of why the flavour has been a necessity in my life; nevertheless, I can’t assist however CRAVE it.
Talking of PB&J, what’s your favourite combo? I often go together with crunchy peanut butter and raspberry jam. The grape tends to be method too candy for me, however I notice it’s what many grew up on and can endlessly adore. Final week I attempted apricot preserves on peanut butter toast, which was implausible. So many variations, so little time.
At this time I wished to share a recipe I created for all you PB&J lovers: peanut butter and jelly baked oatmeal. It’s baked to perfection and I’m significantly having a second with this lovely breakfast skillet as a result of it’s FULL of peanut butter taste, wholesome fat and supplies over 8g of protein per serving.
What you’ll have to make this peanut butter & jelly oatmeal bake
Not solely is that this PB&J baked oatmeal scrumptious, however it’s additionally SO simple to make and makes use of tremendous easy substances. Right here’s what you’ll want:
- Coconut oil: to offer the oatmeal bake the right quantity of moisture you’ll want a bit of coconut oil. Be happy to make use of melted butter or vegan butter as properly.
- Peanut butter: gotta have that wealthy peanut butter taste! You should definitely use a pure, drippy peanut butter and be at liberty to make use of creamy or crunchy.
- Maple syrup: we’re naturally sweetening this oatmeal bake with only a contact of pure pure maple syrup. You may as well use honey.
- Egg: you’ll want one egg on this recipe to carry the oatmeal collectively. I haven’t examined with a flaxegg however let me know when you do.
- Milk: I exploit unsweetened almond milk on this recipe however be at liberty to make use of any milk you’d like.
- Oats: the majority of this recipe is made with quaint rolled oats. Be happy to make use of gluten free!
- Baking staples: you’ll additionally want some baking powder, cinnamon & salt.
- Jam: use any jam or jelly you want! I like utilizing a low sugar strawberry or raspberry jam.
Customise your oatmeal bake
- Combine up the nut butter. For those who’re not into peanut butter or are allergic, be at liberty to make use of almond butter or cashew butter.
- Add some recent fruit. I’ve additionally discovered that including 1/2 cup diced strawberries to the recipe is exceptionally tasty. It’s additionally scrumptious with sliced/chopped bananas on high or baked proper in.
- Go nuts. This PB&J baked oatmeal would even be scrumptious with chopped peanuts, pecans or walnuts stirred within the batter or sprinkled on high.
Can I make this peanut butter and jelly oatmeal bake vegan?
Sure! I believe a flax egg or a chia egg will work properly on this recipe however haven’t examined it to make certain. Let me know when you give it a strive.
Can I exploit metal minimize or fast oats?
I might not counsel utilizing metal minimize oats or fast oats on this recipe as the feel won’t be the identical.
Methods to make peanut butter and jelly baked oatmeal
- Prep your pan. Grease a big 9 inch skillet or 8×8 inch pan with cooking spray or coconut oil and preheat your oven to 350 levels F.
- Combine the moist. In a big bowl combine collectively all your moist substances till there aren’t any giant lumps of peanut butter.
- Stir within the moist. Fold in the entire dried substances and blend till properly mixed. Pour the combination into your pan.
- Dollop the jelly. Drop teaspoonfuls of jam onto the oatmeal bake and gently swirl with a knife.
- Bake & serve. Bake it up till it’s barely golden brown, minimize into slices and serve!
Make it into oatmeal cups
For simple, on-the-go PB&J baked oatmeal cups: merely pour the combination right into a ready muffin tin (I like to recommend utilizing liners AND spraying with cooking spray) and bake for 20-25 minutes till the oatmeal cups are set and barely golden brown. You’ll seemingly solely get 8-10 baked oatmeal cups.
Meal prep this oatmeal bake
This peanut butter and jelly baked oatmeal can simply be prepped forward of time! I counsel making it both the morning of or the night time earlier than, then chopping it into particular person servings for straightforward reheating all through the week.
Storing & freezing suggestions
- Within the fridge: make sure the peanut butter and jelly oatmeal bake has utterly cooled, after which cowl the pan with tinfoil earlier than transferring it to the fridge. It can keep good coated within the fridge for 4-5 days. Reheat particular person slices within the microwave for 30-60 seconds.
- Within the freezer: as soon as the baked oatmeal has utterly cooled, minimize it into 6 squares/slices and wrap every sq. in plastic wrap and tinfoil. You may as well freeze all the PB&J oatmeal bake for later by wrapping it properly and putting it within the freezer. While you’re able to eat it, place the unwrapped frozen sq. of baked oatmeal on a microwave protected dish and microwave it at 30 second intervals for 1-2 minutes. To reheat all the baked oatmeal, merely reheat it within the oven for 20-25 minutes at 350 levels F whereas it’s coated with tinfoil.
Extra oatmeal recipes you’ll love
Get all of our recipes utilizing oats right here!
I hope you’re keen on this simple and scrumptious peanut butter and jelly oatmeal bake! For those who make it make sure to depart a remark & a score so I understand how you preferred it. Take pleasure in, xo!
Peanut Butter and Jelly Oatmeal Bake
Straightforward to make peanut butter and jelly oatmeal bake that is naturally sweetened with a little bit of pure maple syrup and dollops of your favourite jam. This protein-packed peanut butter and jelly baked oatmeal is gluten free, dairy free and might be made into oatmeal cups! The proper solution to get pleasure from a childhood favourite for breakfast.
melted and cooled coconut oil (also can sub melted butter)
pure drippy peanut butter (creamy or chunky)
pure maple syrup or honey
egg, barely crushed
unsweetened almond milk
quaint rolled oats, gluten free if desired
low sugar strawberry or raspberry jam
Preheat oven to 350 levels F. Grease a big skillet or 8×8 inch baking pan with coconut oil or generously spray with nonstick cooking spray.
In a big bowl, add in melted and cooled coconut oil, peanut butter, maple syrup, egg and almond milk. Whisk collectively till properly mixed and no giant lumps of peanut butter stay.
Fold in oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Pour into ready skillet/pan and ensure oatmeal is evenly unfold out.
Drop jam by teaspoonful onto oatmeal bake, then very gently swirl with a knife.
Bake for 30-35 minutes till barely golden brown. Lower into 6 servings and revel in with almond milk.
Leftovers ought to be stored within the fridge for as much as per week. See submit for freezing directions.
Be happy to bake in particular person muffins tins for a straightforward moveable breakfast. Use muffin liners.
To make vegan: Use a flax or chia egg as an alternative of an everyday egg. Make certain to make use of maple syrup as an alternative of honey.
Servings: 6 servings
Serving measurement: 1 serving
Saturated fats: 5.2g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Pictures by: Sarah Fennel