We’re on day 4 of celebrating peaches for the AK Summer time Collection and as we speak we’re placing my fav tahini poppy seed dressing to work by tossing it with juicy peaches, crunchy shredded brussels sprouts, a candy & spicy nut combine, and a little bit salty feta. YES. PLEASE.
The combo on this peach brussels sprouts salad is severely every part you want and extra. I couldn’t cease consuming it! Truthfully so good with hen, salmon, and even some bacon tossed in. It particularly jogs my memory of an upgraded model of the strawberry poppy seed salad everyone knows and love. The proper summer time lunch to make this week or an unimaginable recipe to serve at your subsequent BBQ!
We’ve linked a few of our fav proteins so as to add if you wish to make it a fuller meal, too, plus loads of methods to customise and match any dietary restrictions. Take pleasure in!
FREE Summer time Salad E-book
Enroll under to get a FREE salad e-book with 5 of my very finest summer time salad recipes, plus wonderful salad-making suggestions and hacks that you just’ll come again to time and time once more!
Welcome to the AK Summer time Collection
For the remainder of the summer time, we’ll be dedicating every week to pick summer time produce! Week 3 is HERE and we’re celebrating all issues peaches persevering with with this stunning peach brussels sprouts salad. Keep tuned on the weblog and on Instagram for every week’s produce spotlight, enjoyable movies, and extra.
All the items on this peach brussels sprouts salad
The elements on this crunchy, scrumptious peach brussels sprouts salad are pretty easy however work collectively so fantastically. The salad is good, savory, salty and simply AMAZING. Right here’s what you’ll want:
- For the dressing: we’re utilizing a batch of my creamy tahini poppy seed dressing that provides one of the best taste to every part within the salad.
- For the produce: you’ll want some barely ripe peaches and loads of brussels sprouts.
- For the nuts: we’re utilizing sliced almonds, pepitas (pumpkin seeds), a little bit pure maple syrup and sea salt for the nut crunch combination.
- Non-compulsory: I really like including crumbled feta cheese to this salad for an additional savory component.
Customise your brussels sprouts peach salad
As a result of we’re preserving this salad comparatively easy, it’s simple to customise with elements you have got readily available.
- Swap the brussels sprouts. Kale could be one other nice base for this crunchy salad.
- Select your fruit. As soon as fall rolls round this salad would even be scrumptious with sliced apples!
- Add some wholesome fat. A sliced avocado would add a beautiful creaminess and enhance of wholesome fat.
- Go nut free. Merely skip the almonds and double the pepitas to maintain the salad nut free.
- Preserve it vegan. Be at liberty to make use of your favourite dairy free cheese crumbles or skip the cheese altogether.
Our favourite protein add-ons
Trying so as to add some extra protein to this brussels sprouts peach salad? Attempt:
Ought to I prepare dinner the brussels sprouts?
No want! This peach brussels sprouts salad makes use of uncooked, shredded brussels sprouts that get good and marinated within the tahini poppy seed dressing. Uncooked brussels sprouts give the salad additional scrumptious crunch.
Three simple methods to shred brussels sprouts
Shredding a pound of brussels sprouts for this salad might sound daunting, however it’s simpler than you suppose! Listed below are 3 nice methods to do it:
- Use a meals processor: trim the small stem off of the brussels sprouts and add them to your food processor a couple of handful or so at a time. Use the slicing attachment in your meals processor and pulse till they’re good and shredded.
- Use a field grater: you possibly can shred your brussels sprouts towards a box grater on the facet with the biggest holes. I’d recommend spraying the grater with a little bit of cooking spray in order that the sprouts simply glide towards the grater.
- Shred them with a knife: that is the tactic I usually use, and when you get the dangle of it it is going to go fairly rapidly. Utilizing a pointy knife lower the stem off of your brussels sprouts after which lower them in half lengthwise. Then, with every half laying flat facet down, chop your brussels sprouts into superb shreds. No want for them to be good!
This crunchy peach brussels sprouts salad will get even higher over the course of some days because it marinates in tahini poppy seed dressing. Retailer it in meal prep containers like these for as much as 4-5 days.
Extra peach recipes you’ll love
Get all of our scrumptious peach recipes right here!
I hope you like this peach brussels sprouts crunch salad! If you happen to make it be sure you go away a remark and a score so I understand how you appreciated it. Take pleasure in, xo!
Peach Brussels Sprouts Crunch Salad
Beautiful peach brussels sprouts salad with candy & salty nuts and a creamy tahini poppy seed dressing. This vegetarian brussels sprouts peach salad is full of a beautiful mixture of textures and flavors. Take pleasure in it for the proper summer time lunch or facet dish by itself or together with your favourite protein!
- 1 batch tahini poppy seed dressing
- For the salad:
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, outer yellow leaves and stems eliminated, and shredded
- 2 cups sliced peaches (from about 2 massive or 3 medium peaches)
- ⅓ cup feta crumbles (optionally available however scrumptious!)
- For the nut crunch combination:
- ⅓ cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup uncooked pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- ½ tablespoon pure maple syrup
- Sea salt
In a small bowl combine collectively tahini, lemon juice, maple syrup/honey, dijon mustard, poppyseeds, onion powder, salt and water to skinny the dressing. Style and add extra maple syrup or honey for those who like your poppyseed dressing a bit sweeter.
Subsequent, shred the brussels sprouts through the use of a meals processor with the slicing attachment and pulse till the brussels sprouts are thinly sliced. If you happen to don’t have a meals processor, be happy to make use of a pointy knife to thinly slice. You even have the choice of shopping for already shredded/shaved brussels sprouts in a bag from the shop.
Add brussels to a big bowl and pour the dressing throughout. Use tongs to coat the brussels with the dressing. Let the dressing sit and marinate the brussels for 10-Quarter-hour. Whereas the brussels marinate and take in the dressing, you possibly can chop and prep all of your different elements.
Lastly make your nut crunch combination: place sliced almonds and pumpkin seeds in a skillet over medium warmth. Toast for 3-5 minutes, stirring regularly till they flip barely golden brown and aromatic, then flip off warmth and instantly add in maple syrup and a pinch of sea salt. Stir for 30 extra seconds to coat, then switch to a plate or piece of parchment paper to chill for a couple of minutes. Among the nuts will barely stick collectively however that is what we would like for the ‘nut crunch’ within the salad. Permit to chill for five minutes.
Add the sliced peaches to the brussels salad together with the nut crunch combination and feta crumbles and toss to mix. Take pleasure in!
See the complete put up for suggestions, tips & scrumptious methods to customise your salad!
Serving: 1serving (primarily based on 4)Energy: 326kcalCarbohydrates: 30.3gProtein: 13.5gFats: 19.8gSaturated Fats: 4.1gFiber: 8.9gSugar: 14.9g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Bold Kitchen | Pictures by: Eat Love Eats
This put up was initially printed on July 20, 2021, republished on August 4, 2022, and republished on July twenty sixth, 2023.