This submit could include affiliate hyperlinks for which I earn a small fee at no additional value to you. For more information, try my Disclosure Coverage. Thanks to your assist!
For me Baileys is the epitome of Christmas – so it appears solely proper to create a gluten free No Bake Baileys Cheesecake for my Christmas day dessert!
With a buttery biscuit base produced from gluten free chocolate Digestives and a easy and creamy Baileys cheesecake topping, this can be a decadent deal with.
Plus you do not want an oven to make this – simply put together the bottom and the topping and go away it to set within the fridge in a single day.
I wish to make this straightforward gluten free Baileys cheesecake the evening earlier than friends arrive so on the subject of the large occasion, dessert is already taken care of.
Cheesecake can also be a type of desserts that’s typically onerous to search out gluten free.
Most eating places do not supply a gluten free cheesecake, but they’re really easy to make – which is why I’m so excited to share this recipe.
I actually hope you will get into the festive spirit and revel in this No Bake Baileys Cheesecake as a lot as I did!
Is Baileys Gluten Free?
There appears to be quite a lot of confusion on the subject of gluten in drinks however the excellent news is YES, Baileys is gluten free.
I believe the confusion typically comes as a result of Baileys Irish Cream is made with whisky – which is produced from grains.
However in response to Coeliac UK, spirits derived from gluten-containing grains are gluten free and coeliac-safe as a result of the degrees of gluten are under 20 components per million.
And as Baileys has no different gluten-containing components, it’s gluten free.
It is a good job too as a result of we get by way of at the least 4-5 bottles of it in our home within the run-up to Christmas.
You possibly can’t beat a Baileys espresso or scorching chocolate however now this gluten free Baileys cheesecake is my new favorite strategy to take pleasure in this tipple.
Substances and Substitutions
There is a full printable recipe card under with the strategy and components.
However to your purchasing checklist this is the primary components for this No Bake Baileys Cheesecake and concepts for substitutes:
- Gluten Free Chocolate Digestive Biscuits: You need to use regular digestives in the event you want however I just like the chocolatey-ness this provides.
- Butter: Melted butter helps carry the cheesecake base collectively. You need to use a margarine in the event you want however I at all times use unsalted butter.
- Full Fats Cream Cheese: It is crucial you employ a full fats cream cheese, and a very good high quality one at that. I at all times use Philadelphia because it’s persistently good for cheesecakes. Be warned, in the event you attempt to use a low-fat possibility the cheesecake won’t set and might be a catastrophe.
- Double Cream: Also referred to as heavy creamy, that is what helps the cheesecake set when whipped up into mushy peaks.
- Baileys: In fact the star of the present! You may want round 75ml of Baileys – if you don’t need it too sturdy you’ll be able to reduce this right down to 50ml however any much less may render it a bit pointless.
- Baileys Truffles: I discovered these in TK Maxx however I’ve seen them in supermarkets with the Christmas sweets too. They’re gluten free and scrumptious – it is onerous to not scoff all of them! You need to use any sweets you want to brighten the cheesecake however these made essentially the most sense to me.
Can I make this Baileys cheesecake dairy free?
Sadly Baileys is fairly heavy on the dairy – as is that this cheesecake recipe.
I personally do not just like the dairy free Baileys (nor do I believe it tastes something like the true factor) so I would not recommend it as a substitution.
I additionally suppose making such a dairy-dependant recipe dairy-free would require much more recipe testing than simply straight swaps.
You are greater than welcome to try it however for the time being I might say it might be very troublesome to make this dairy free.
Primarily as a result of at the least 80% of the components are dairy-based!
How one can line a cheesecake tin
I might extremely advocate utilizing a springform cake tin for this – and the deeper it’s, the higher.
Ideally you need something a bit like this one which is 20cm.
If you do not have a deep cake tin you could possibly strive utilizing a bigger one which make a thinner cheesecake, however nonetheless style simply pretty much as good!
I do like a pleasant thick layer of each the biscuit base and cheesecake topping although.
The rationale I’m going for a springform tin is it makes it a hell of so much simpler to ‘pop’ the cheesecake out as soon as it is set.
You may additionally wish to line the bottom of the tin to be sure to can take away the cheesecake from the bottom simply.
The easiest way to do that is to pop the underside out, place a sq. of baking paper excessive so it overlaps the perimeters, then clip the tin again on excessive.
It will clamp down the paper and you’ll trim any extra to it sits neatly.
It is the simplest strategy to get the cheesecake off the tin, a lot simpler than slicing a circle to suit the underside, as it can nonetheless get caught on the lip!
My gluten free no bake Baileys cheesecake
This No Bake Baileys Cheesecake is simply the proper fuss-free dessert and the gluten-eaters will not even know it is gluten free.
Make this up the evening earlier than in a 20cm tin for a cheesecake which is able to serve 16 – or 12 if you’d like an enormous slice!
And please do go away a overview to let others know you really liked it too! It could imply the world to me.
Prep Time half-hour
Chil Time 6 hours
Whole Time 6 hours half-hour
For the bottom:
- 300g gluten free chocolate Digestive biscuits
- 100g butter (melted)
For the topping:
- 600g full fats cream cheese
- 300g double cream
- 100g icing sugar
- 75ml Baileys
- Grated darkish chocolate
- 10-12 Baileys Truffles
To make the biscuit base:
- Line the underside of a deep, 20cm springform tin with baking paper. Soften the butter both in a pan over a low warmth or in 10-second bursts within the microwave.
- Blitz the gluten free chocolate digestives in a meals processor till they kind a tremendous crumb.
- Add the melted butter and blitz once more to mix. Pour out the biscuit combine into the lined tin and press firmly into the bottom till it’s degree. I are inclined to pop this within the fridge whereas I make the topping.
For the cheesecake topping:
- Add the cream cheese and icing sugar to a big mixing bowl and beat with an electrical whisk till easy.
- Pour within the double cream and Baileys and whisk once more, beginning on a slower velocity and bringing the mixer up a velocity each 20-30 seconds. Proceed to whisk till the combination turns into very thick.
- As soon as the combination has thickened, unfold it over the biscuit base, utilizing a spatula to make sure it’s even and there are not any air bubbles. Easy the highest with a spatula or palette knife after which set within the fridge for at the least six hours – preferable in a single day.
- To brighten, grate darkish chocolate everywhere in the cheesecake and prime with the Baileys truffles. Serve chilled from the fridge.
This cheesecake is greatest made the evening earlier than consuming to permit for setting time. Will preserve for as much as 3 days within the fridge.
As an Amazon Affiliate and member of different affiliate packages, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Want some extra gluten free Christmas inspiration?
Wish to have a go at a few of the different gluten free Christmas recipes on the weblog?
Give a few of these different gluten free festive recipes a strive!
I’ve additionally bought my gluten free Christmas web page with every little thing you have to take pleasure in a secure festive season.
There are loads to select from – listed here are a pair to get you going:
And when you’ve got any recipe options, please let me know within the feedback what you’d wish to see subsequent!
Like this Gluten Free No Bake Baileys Cheesecake recipe?
Ensure you pin the recipe card below for later!