My favourite inexperienced smoothie recipe! This wholesome, scrumptious drink is straightforward to make within the blender, and it is filled with leafy greens and recent fruit.
New yr, new inexperienced smoothie recipe! Okay, properly really, this recipe isn’t new new, but it surely’s new to the weblog. Behind the scenes, it’s my favourite inexperienced smoothie recipe, the one which I make every time I need to pack a bunch of vegatables and fruits right into a single meal and have them style like dessert. It’s thick and frosty, flippantly candy, and brimming with recent produce like citrus, spinach, and banana. In case you’re in search of a brand new wholesome breakfast or snack so as to add to your rotation, I can’t suggest it sufficient.
Inexperienced Smoothie Recipe Components
Right here’s what you’ll must make this inexperienced smoothie recipe:
- Leafy greens, after all! I like utilizing child spinach right here as a result of you may barely style it, although kale works nice too. Freeze the greens forward of time (or purchase frozen greens) to present your smoothie one of the best frosty texture.
- Half a frozen banana – It sweetens the smoothie and makes it thick and creamy. Tip: Wait to place bananas within the freezer till they’re ripe and spotty! Ripe bananas will add way more sweetness to a smoothie than unripe ones will.
- Almond butter and chia seeds – They add wholesome fat and make the smoothie even creamier.
- Frozen orange segments – They add scrumptious pure sweetness (and tons of vitamin C!) to this vibrant spinach smoothie. I like to purchase a bunch of recent mandarins or clementines, peel them, and freeze them to have available.
- Unsweetened almond milk – To get the blender transferring! Use store-bought, or make your individual.
- And ice cubes – To excellent the inexperienced smoothie’s frosty texture.
Discover the entire recipe with measurements beneath.
Inexperienced Smoothie Recipe Variations
Although I like this inexperienced smoothie recipe as written, there are all kinds of how to alter it up! Be at liberty to regulate it to fit your tastes or use what you might have available. Listed below are a couple of concepts to get you began:
- Change up the veg. Spinach and kale is likely to be the preferred veggies to place in a smoothie, however they’re not the one choices! Attempt changing them with half the quantity of Swiss chard, collard greens, and even frozen broccoli, including extra to style. Cucumber can be an awesome addition too!
- Have enjoyable with the fruit. When it’s not citrus season, I like to make this inexperienced smoothie recipe with frozen mango or pineapple. Your favourite frozen berries would even be scrumptious.
- Use one other liquid base. As a substitute of almond milk, mix this smoothie with a splash of coconut milk, oat milk, and even orange juice.
- Swap the seeds. Use hemp hearts as an alternative of chia.
- Add a protein enhance. Mix in a scoop of protein powder or Greek yogurt.
- Make it sweeter. In case your smoothie tastes much less candy than you desire to, mix in a bit of honey, maple syrup, or one among your favourite pure sweeteners. Or add extra frozen fruit!
Let me know what variations you strive!
Extra Favourite Smoothie Recipes
In case you love this inexperienced smoothie recipe, strive one among these plant-based smoothie recipes subsequent:
Our greatest inexperienced smoothie recipe! It is creamy, frosty, and refreshing. Regulate the quantity of fruit to style relying on how candy you need your smoothie to be.
- 1 cup frozen spinach or kale
- ½ frozen banana
- ½ tablespoon almond butter
- 1 to 2 cups peeled and frozen orange segments, or frozen pineapple or mango chunks
- ½ teaspoon chia seeds, non-compulsory
- 1 cup almond milk, plus extra as wanted to mix
- Handful of ice
In a blender, place the spinach, banana, almond butter, 1 cup frozen fruit, and chia seeds, if utilizing. Add the almond milk and mix till easy, including extra almond milk as wanted to mix. Add the ice and mix once more.
Style and add extra frozen fruit if you happen to’d like your smoothie to be sweeter. Mix till easy, including extra almond milk as wanted.