To me, the Fourth of July marks the height of summer time. The times are longer, we’ve been getting outdoors as a lot as attainable, and you recognize I’ve been firing up the grill as a lot as I can.
Peak summer time requires scrumptious, straightforward Greek rooster kabobs that not solely make a wholesome dinner however are additionally straightforward to whip up throughout the summer time weeknights. I included choices for grilling and baking these kabobs, plus scrumptious sides we like to serve with them. They’ve a selfmade Greek marinade, and loads of rainbow veggies and really make the perfect dinner!
Now I don’t learn about you, however I’m an enormous lover of Mediterranean-inspired delicacies. Give me all the feta, olives, hummus, greek rice, and tomatoes. Oh, and we are able to’t overlook in regards to the cool cucumber yogurt tzatziki sauce now, can we?
In the event you haven’t made my selfmade straightforward tzatziki but, you need to!
Searching for extra 30-minute meals?
Enter your e-mail under to get my FREE e-book with our greatest 30-minute dinners straight to your inbox!
What you’ll must make Greek rooster kabobs
These great Greek rooster kabobs are made with a couple of summer time staples and are loaded with taste. I completely love when there are tender, candy bell peppers served with my Greek rooster, so we’re utilizing all three stoplight bell peppers within the recipe, too! These are the fundamentals you’ll want (and we’ll chat marinade under!):
- Rooster: you’ll want one pound of boneless, skinless rooster breast.
- Veggies: we’re packing in all the recent summer time produce with pink, yellow, and inexperienced bell pepper, plus a zingy pink onion.
- Marinade: the selfmade Greek marinade is what makes these kabobs further particular! See under for all the deets.
The perfect Greek marinade for rooster
These Greek rooster kabobs are first marinated in a zesty, selfmade Greek dressing earlier than being positioned on the grill. That is to make sure the rooster just isn’t solely stuffed with Greek flavors however can be tender and scrumptious. The Greek marinade I like to make use of for rooster kabobs is stuffed with taste. You’ll want:
Make these kabobs your individual
The nice half about these straightforward Greek rooster kabobs is that they’re tremendous straightforward to customise along with your fav summer time produce! Be at liberty to sub in:
- Cherry tomatoes
- Brussels sprouts
You’ll want to get all of my greatest suggestions and tips for chopping and grilling greens right here!
Easy methods to grill Greek rooster kabobs
- Prep your grill & kabobs. Preheat your grill to medium-high warmth and place your veggies & marinated rooster items onto 8 skewers. Depart a small house between the components so that they prepare dinner evenly.
- Grill the kabobs. Place every skewer on the grill and prepare dinner for 8-10 minutes on both sides. Hold the lid closed whereas they’re grilling! Grill till the rooster is absolutely cooked and the veggies are tender.
- Serve ’em up. Take away the kabobs from the grill and serve with tzatziki sauce and your fav sides!
Simply prepare dinner these rooster kabobs within the oven
I notice not everybody owns a grill, so I’ve additionally included directions on how one can make these Greek rooster kabobs within the oven — and so they’re simply as yummy. Right here’s how one can do it:
- Prep your oven. Preheat oven to 400 levels F. Line a big baking sheet with foil.
- Put together your kabobs. Thread on the rooster and veggies as directed within the recipe.
- Bake your kabobs. Place skewers on the ready baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping midway by means of. Rooster is completed when now not pink, or when a meat thermometer reads 165 levels F. Serve with sauce, roasted potatoes or rice of alternative!
Utilizing picket skewers? Don’t overlook this step
In the event you’re utilizing picket or bamboo skewers, make sure to soak them for quarter-hour earlier than cooking your kabobs on the grill or within the oven in order that they don’t burn.
Our fav grilling instruments
Discover all of our go-to kitchen necessities right here.
Scrumptious recipes to pair with these kabobs
Get all of our wonderful summer time recipes right here!
I hope you get pleasure from this straightforward grilling recipe for Greek rooster kabobs. Don’t overlook that scrumptious selfmade tzatziki sauce for dipping! In the event you make them, make sure to go away a remark and a ranking so I understand how you favored them. Get pleasure from, xo!
Greek Rooster Kabobs
Straightforward & scrumptious Greek rooster kabobs made with a yummy, zesty Greek marinade, pink onion and three various kinds of bell peppers. Make these Greek rooster kabobs on the grill or within the oven and serve them with a selfmade Greek yogurt tzatziki sauce! The right summer time meal.
- For the rooster:
- 1 pound boneless skinless rooster breast
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (from about half a lemon)
- 2 tablespoons pink wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons further virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder (or 3 cloves minced garlic)
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly floor black pepper
- For the kabobs:
- 1 pink bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 inexperienced bell pepper
- 1 pink onion
Lower rooster into cubes, about 1 1/2 inches lengthy, then place them in a big bowl. Add olive oil, lemon juice, dijon mustard, garlic powder, oregano, salt and pepper. Combine rooster collectively and let marinate in fridge for 15-Half-hour
Whereas rooster is marinating, minimize pink bell pepper, inexperienced bell pepper, yellow bell pepper and pink onion into 2×2 inch items (to be skewered).
Preheat grill to medium-high warmth.
Place peppers, onions and rooster items onto a skewer, leaving a small house in between every ingredient and alternating components as desired. It’s best to be capable to get about 8 skewers whole.
Grill skewers for 8-10 minutes on both sides, or till meat is cooked by means of and greens are tender.
Serve kabobs with tzatziki sauce and no matter else you’d like (potatoes, rice, quinoa are all nice choices). Serves 4, 2 kabobs every.
See the complete publish for directions on how one can prepare dinner these kabobs within the oven.
Serving: 2kabobsEnergy: 213kcalCarbohydrates: 9.8gProtein: 24.8gFats: 9.7gSaturated Fats: 1.5gFiber: 2gSugar: 3.4g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Formidable Kitchen | Pictures by: Eat Love Eats
This publish was initially revealed on August 29, 2019, republished on August 13, 2021, and republished on July 2nd, 2023.