This savory Greek Cottage Cheese Bowl is a straightforward high-protein breakfast or lunch that’s contemporary and flavorful and doesn’t require any cooking.
Greek Cottage Cheese Bowl
Want a fast lunch that doesn’t require cooking or reheating? You then’ll love this recipe! I created this savory cottage cheese bowl impressed by a Greek salad with tomatoes, cucumbers, bell pepper, kalamata olives, feta, and contemporary dill. I’ll be making this cottage cheese lunch bowl all summer season, it couldn’t be less complicated. Simply chop the veggies and mix the whole lot in a bowl. It’s quick, scrumptious, and full of protein. Extra savory cottage cheese bowl recipes chances are you’ll like are this Burst Tomato Cottage Cheese Caprese Bowl and Savory Cottage Cheese Bowl. And in case you favor a sweeter bowl, do that Berry Cottage Cheese Breakfast Bowl.
Is cottage cheese wholesome?
Cottage cheese is a low-carb cheese that’s full of protein. One cup has 25 grams. To not point out, it’s a wonderful supply of calcium. It’s so versatile and nice for the whole lot from lasagna with cottage cheese, to bowls to baking to eggs.
- Cottage Cheese: I used Good Culture’s 2% cottage cheese. It’s my favourite model, however any will work.
- Dill: Chop a tablespoon of contemporary dill.
- Greens: Cherry tomatoes, yellow or orange bell pepper, mini cucumbers
- Salt and Pepper to season the veggies
- Olives: Chop pitted Kalamata olives.
- Feta crumbled on prime
- Olive Oil for drizzling if desired
Find out how to Make Greek Cottage Cheese Bowls
- Combine the cottage cheese and half of the dill in a small bowl.
- Add the veggies and season with salt and pepper.
- High with olives, feta, and remaining dill, and drizzle with olive oil.
Find out how to Meal Prep Cottage Cheese Bowls
These Greek cottage cheese bowls are good for a fast and straightforward lunch. You may reduce the bell peppers, cucumber, and olives as much as three days earlier than you eat them. Retailer them in a single container and the cottage cheese and dill in one other. Wait to chop your tomatoes till proper earlier than consuming them in order that they don’t get soggy.
- Not a cottage cheese fan? If you happen to don’t like the feel, puree the cottage cheese till clean, or substitute it with Greek yogurt.
- Tomatoes: Swap cherry with grape tomatoes, or seed and cube a vine- ripened tomato.
- Cucumbers: Substitute an English cucumber. If you happen to use a daily one, peel and seed it earlier than dicing.
- Greens: Add shallots, inexperienced onions, radishes, or beets.
- Nuts: High with pine nuts, almonds, or pistachios.
- Seasoning: Sprinkle with the whole lot bagel seasoning, onion powder, or garlic powder.
- Briny Taste: Add capers or artichoke hearts.
- Herbs: High with contemporary parsley, basil, or mint.
- Serving Suggestion: Dip pita bread or chips on this Greek cottage cheese bowl.
Cottage Cheese vs Greek Yogurt
Each cottage cheese and Greek yogurt are nutritious dairy merchandise that may be a part of a balanced eating regimen. They every supply distinctive advantages, however additionally they differ in a number of key methods:
Protein Content material: Greek yogurt is normally barely increased in protein in comparison with cottage cheese, though the precise quantity can rely on the particular model or selection. Greek yogurt is strained to take away liquid whey, leading to a thicker texture and a better focus of protein.
Carbohydrate Content material: Plain Greek yogurt tends to have a barely increased carbohydrate content material than cottage cheese. That is primarily because of the pure sugars (lactose) present in milk.
Calcium Content material: Each Greek yogurt and cottage cheese are good sources of calcium, however cottage cheese normally comprises much less calcium in comparison with Greek yogurt.
Texture and Style: Greek yogurt has a thick, creamy texture and a tangy style, whereas cottage cheese is made from curds with a gentle, barely candy taste. If texture is a matter, you may as well whip the cottage cheese.
Versatility: Each can be utilized in a wide range of methods. Greek yogurt can be utilized in each candy and savory dishes, together with as a more healthy substitute for bitter cream or mayonnaise. Cottage cheese is usually eaten by itself, with fruit, in savory bowls, or as part of different dishes like salads and lasagna.
Digestibility: Some folks discover Greek yogurt simpler to digest as a consequence of its probiotic content material, which might help with intestine well being. Cottage cheese, alternatively, is likely to be more durable to digest for these with lactose intolerance though some manufacturers, like Good Tradition carry lactose-free choices.
Extra Cottage Cheese Recipes You’ll Love
Yield: 1 serving
Serving Dimension: 1 bowl
In a small bowl combine the cottage cheese and half of the contemporary dill.
Pour right into a bowl.
High with cherry tomatoes, cucumbers and bell peppers; season with pinch of salt and pepper.
Add olives, feta, and remaining contemporary dill. Drizzle with olive oil if desired.
Please leave a rating and comment letting us know the way you preferred this recipe! This helps our enterprise to thrive and proceed offering free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 1 bowl, Energy: 186 kcal, Carbohydrates: 9.5 g, Protein: 21.5 g, Fats: 7 g, Saturated Fats: 3.5 g, Ldl cholesterol: 28.5 mg, Sodium: 695 mg, Fiber: 1.5 g, Sugar: 6 g