You guys have been loving my authentic gluten free naan recipe, and many you requested me whether or not a gluten free peshwari naan could be doable. I’m comfortable to report that it’s and they’re completely scrumptious!
Peshwari naan is a wide range of the traditional Indian flatbread, full of a candy combination of almond, sultana, coconut and honey, together with some melted butter to assist bind them collectively. The ensuing paste is used to fill the center of the naan, making a moorish, barely candy naan to go together with your curry.
I completed my gluten free peshwari naan with a glaze of melted butter, however you too can add honey to the glaze for a sweeter end. A scattering of toasted coconut and flaked almonds additionally make the naan look beautiful if you serve them and add to the feel, however are utterly non-compulsory.
The Base Naan Recipe
My genuine recipe makes use of gluten free plain flour, dried energetic yeast, caster sugar, water, olive oil, plain yoghurt and tapioca starch (typically known as tapioca flour). In the event you do not need tapioca you’ll be able to buy it on Amazon or find it in health food shops, and even Ocado sell it. Yeast makes all of the distinction to the lightness of naan and the tapioca provides them some stretch.
How you can Freeze and Reheat These Gluten Free Peshwari Naan
My gluten free peshwari naan are freezer-friendly. Merely place in an hermetic container or wrap up in cling movie, then freeze. Whenever you wish to use them, 1-2 minutes within the microwave will defrost and refresh them completely.
Can I Make a Dairy Free Model?
Sure simply. As an alternative of the plain yoghurt use coconut yoghurt or one other plain dairy free yoghurt instead. Then instead of butter within the paste and for the ultimate glazed, use a dairy free unfold as an alternative.
Gluten Free Peshwari Naan Recipe
This recipe will make 4 massive peshwari naan, which pair completely with curries (particularly spicy ones). In the event you get pleasure from these naan, I might be very grateful should you may evaluation them on the recipe card beneath.
You’ll discover a full methodology beneath together with plenty of photos that can assist you as you’re employed via the recipe. Be happy to e mail me any questions or feedback you might need – [email protected] – or DM me on social media @myglutenfreeguide. Ooh, additionally ship photographs of your creations please!
Get pleasure from! Laura xxx
1 hour 20 minutes
Prepare dinner Time:
1 hour 25 minutes
For the naan dough:
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 120ml heat water
- 8g dry energetic yeast
- 240g gluten free plain flour (I exploit FREEE/M&S or Shipton Mill)
- 60g tapioca starch/flour
- 1 tsp wonderful salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 100ml plain yoghurt (Greek or pure)
For the peshwari filling:
- 75g flaked almonds
- 30g sultanas or raisins
- 25g dessicated coconut
- 1.5 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp water
- 20g melted butter or ghee
For the glaze:
- 20g salted butter
- Optionally available: 1 tbsp toasted coconut and 1 tbsp toasted almond flakes
- Mix the nice and cozy water, caster sugar and dried energetic yeast collectively in a measuring jug, give every part an excellent stir after which go away the yeast to activate for 10-Quarter-hour (no stirring throughout this time). When a thick layer of froth has fashioned on high of the liquid (see picture beneath), the yeast has been activated and you’ll transfer onto the subsequent stage.
- Add the tapioca starch, plain gluten free flour and salt to a big mixing bowl. Stir rather well to totally mix the flours. Now add the olive oil to the dry substances and stir via.
- Subsequent add the yoghurt to the flour combination after which pour the contents of the jug (foam and liquid) into the bowl. Combine every part with a picket spoon, then use your palms to knead the dough for a minute to get it good and clean. It ought to type right into a ball of sentimental dough, barely sticky however that comes away out of your palms.
- Place a clear tea towel or material excessive of the bowl and put aside to permit it to rise. This can take about an hour, relying on how heat the room is, so pop it in a pleasant heat place if you wish to get a fast rise. As soon as the dough has doubled in dimension it is able to use.
- Whereas the dough is rising, you’ll be able to put together the peshwari paste. That is actually easy – simply pop the flaked almonds, sultanas, coconut, honey, water and melted butter right into a small meals processor. Blitz for a few minutes till you’ve got a rough paste. Scoop right into a bowl and put aside till the dough is prepared.
- Use a knife or dough scraper to divide the dough (nonetheless within the bowl) into 4 sections. It’s a gentle dough so is not going to reduce completely and will likely be a bit sticky, however that is the way it must be.
- Take a silicone baking mat or massive piece of greaseproof baking paper and place in your worktop. Flour the mat/baking paper properly with additional gluten free flour and hold slightly extra flour to the facet. Set a frying pan over a medium-high warmth (no oil) and permit to warmth when you are shaping the primary naan.
- Flour your palms, then use a spatula to scoop out 1 / 4 of the dough into your palms. Break it into two items and type into balls, flouring them properly, then place onto the floured mat.
- Utilizing sufficient flour to make sure it doesn’t keep on with the mat, gently pat the primary ball onto the mat after which place one quarter of the peshwari paste on high – use your fingers to unfold it nearly to the sides of the dough. Pat the second ball on high of the paste and gently seal the sides in order that the filling is enclosed.
- Flour the dough frivolously and pat right into a tear drop or round form, nonetheless fast thick (about 2cm) so you’ll be able to deal with it with out it breaking.
- Switch the dough to the new pan and use your palms (take off the warmth momentarily if wanted) to shortly press the dough thinner into a big naan form (1cm-0.5cm thick relying how you want your naan).
- Hold the warmth medium-high and prepare dinner for two minutes, throughout which era you will note the bubbles forming within the dough. Flip and prepare dinner for an extra 2 minutes on the opposite facet. It must be properly browned and cooked via, however give it an additional minute on both sides to brown it if wanted. Then take away from the pan and put aside.
- Soften the remaining butter within the microwave (20 seconds) after which use a pastry brush to brush slightly butter all around the high of the new naan. Does not it look yummy! Scatter with toasted coconut/almonds if you want or go away plain.
- Repeat steps 8-13 with the remaining parts of dough, then both serve instantly or enable to chill and freeze for later use.
I hope you get pleasure from making and consuming these gluten free peshwari naan! Why not strive a few of my different gluten free recipes, which go superbly with these naan:
Get pleasure from! Laura xxx