This submit might comprise affiliate hyperlinks for which I earn a small fee at no further value to you. For more information, try my Disclosure Coverage. Thanks in your assist!
I completely love the tangy, contemporary flavours of a Gluten Free Greek Salad and my model is tremendous easy with the final word dressing hack!
Greek salad is a refreshing mixture of cucumber, tomato, onion, olives and feta in a zingy lemon, vinegar and olive oil dressing.
It’s scrumptious served by itself as a summer time lunch or the proper facet dish for a BBQ or picnic. Finest loved al fresco within the sunshine.
This straightforward Greek Salad makes use of just a few easy substances, is gluten free and simple to make dairy free and vegan too.
After all you possibly can fluctuate this dish so simply to fit your tastes, and even combine it with rice or quinoa for a extra substantial salad dish.
Greek Salad is certainly a staple facet dish to have in your kitchen repertoire when the climate begins to warmth up!
Greek Salad Substances
I’ve tried to maintain this recipe as conventional as potential and also you’ll solely want just a few substances.
Most of the dressing substances are store-cupboard staples and objects I take advantage of in plenty of recipes so nothing ever goes to waste.
The primary substances you’ll want for a Greek salad are:
- Feta cheese – use a dairy free one for a vegan model or a low fats feta for a lighter model.
- Cucumber – I simply use half a regular cucumber however you could possibly use mini cucumbers as a substitute for those who choose.
- Tomato – I take advantage of plum tomatoes as a result of they’re straightforward to simply halve however you could possibly chop up bigger tomatoes for those who solely have them handy.
- Purple onion – You’ll be able to omit this for those who discover the flavour too harsh however I discover the lemon juice within the dressing takes a number of the kick out of the uncooked onion.
- Kalamata olives – you should utilize black olives for those who choose however these are by far one of the best sort of olives for a Greek salad. Make sure that whichever olives you employ are pitted.
The substances you want for a Greek salad dressing are:
- Oregano – I take advantage of dried oregano however you should utilize contemporary for those who choose. This herb is vital to the flavour so be at liberty so as to add extra for those who like.
- Olive Oil – Use a superb high quality, further virgin olive oil for those who can afford to.
- Lemon Juice – This provides an amazing tang to your Greek salad. I squeeze mine contemporary however you should utilize lemon juice from the bottle if simpler.
- Purple Wine Vinegar – To me that is one of the best (and solely!) vinegar to make use of in a Greek salad. Nevertheless, if you wish to preserve prices down and have already got one thing like apple cider vinegar, you could possibly substitute for that as a substitute.
- Garlic – I take advantage of chopped frozen garlic for ease, however you could possibly chop or crush a garlic clove. Garlic paste would additionally work nicely.
- Feta – Sure, that’s proper! Use a bit of further feta within the dressing (directions within the recipe card beneath) and also you gained’t remorse it! Belief me, it makes all of the distinction.
- Salt and Pepper – I prefer to season my dressing with a bit of further salt and pepper to swimsuit my tastes, however you possibly can skip this for those who like.
What to serve with my gluten free Greek salad
One of many issues I really like about Greek salad is how versatile it’s – it’s going to go along with so many alternative dishes.
Listed below are just a few options of how serve along with your gluten free Greek salad:
- Dish up a bowl of Greek salad as a facet dish to all of your BBQ favourites, as a part of a platter of salads together with potato salad and my Mexican corn salad.
- Serve it up alongside grilled meat or fish, in addition to a superb serving of combined lettuce leaves, for a lightweight dinner.
- Combine the Greek salad with cooked rice (scorching or chilly!) and serve it up with my do-it-yourself Greek Rooster Kebabs.
- Serve it as a facet dish alongside this Greek Rooster Traybake for a feta-powered dinner. The extra feta, the higher for those who ask me!
- Get pleasure from it by itself in a lunchbox or for a tasty lunch or picnic on a scorching day. With the feta and olives it’s pretty and filling with out being heavy.
For those who give you some other methods you like to serve your gluten free Greek salad, please do let me know within the feedback on the backside of this submit!
My Gluten Free Greek Salad Recipe
Okay, let’s reduce to the chase – the recipe you’ve all been ready for and one of the best gluten free Greek salad I’ve ever made!
This recipe serves 2 as a important or substantial facet dish, however may simply stretch to serve 4 folks as a part of a BBQ or picnic platter.
You’ll be able to simply dimension this recipe up or down and any leftovers will preserve within the fridge (coated or in a sealed tub) for round 3 days so nothing has to go to waste!
And please do depart a overview to let others know you liked it too! It will imply the world to me.
- Half a cucumber
- 150g plum tomatoes
- 1 pink onion
- 100g feta cheese
- 100g pitted Kalamata olives
For the dressing:
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp pink wine vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 50g feta
- Salt and Pepper
- Chop the cucumber into 2cm chunks and reduce the tomatoes in half (is utilizing bigger tomatoes, reduce them into similar-sized chunks to the cucumber). Finely chop the onion.
- Combine all the dressing substances collectively, utilizing a fork to ‘mush’ the feta into the combination. A couple of little lumps is ok however you need it to be pretty nicely combined collectively.
- Add the cucumber, tomato, pink onion and olives to a big bowl. Crumble the feta in utilizing your arms (or roughly chop into small items). Combine collectively nicely.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, combine nicely after which serve immediately.
- Any leftovers will preserve within the fridge for 2-3 days. See the weblog submit above for concepts on substitutions.
Quantity Per Serving: Energy: 517Whole Fats: 48gSaturated Fats: 16gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 30gLdl cholesterol: 67mgSodium: 1161mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 3gSugar: 7gProtein: 12g
Want extra gluten free BBQ recipe inspiration?
Listed below are some extra gluten free BBQ facet dish recipes you possibly can check out as soon as you’ve got made this Gluten Free Greek Salad recipe.
When you’ve got any recipe options, please let me know within the feedback what you’d prefer to see subsequent!
Like this Gluten Free Greek Salad recipe?
Be sure you comply with me on Pinterest and pin this recipe card below for later!