A straightforward recipe for gluten-free fried rice. Fulfill your Chinese language takeout cravings and cut back the guesswork of ordering out with this scrumptious, do-it-yourself, Gluten-Free Fried Rice recipe!
Gluten-Free Fried Rice
Gluten-Free Fried Rice is the proper, simple dinner! This versatile recipe for Gluten-Free Fried Rice is of course gluten-free, dairy-free, vegetarian, and simply adaptable to vegan and flexitarian diets. You don’t should order out of your native Chinese language restaurant to take pleasure in this dish! It’s quite simple to make at house. Making do-it-yourself Vegetable Fried Rice is a fast and simple method to take pleasure in this traditional takeout dish with substances that fit your tastes and meet your dietary restrictions!
This Gluten-Free Fried Rice recipe is an Americanized model of conventional Chinese language fried rice. This dish is historically made in a wok utilizing pre-cooked rice, fried in impartial oil, and mixed with varied greens, meats, scrambled eggs, and seasoned with Chinese language sauces (like soy sauce and sesame oil). This dish is great with each contemporary, seasonal produce and frozen greens. So, combine it up every time you make it! You too can add quite a lot of proteins, sauces, flavorings, and toppings. can be the greatest approach to make use of up leftover rice!
You may see simply how simple this Gluten-Free Fried Rice is to make within the detailed recipe step-by-step images.
Substances in Simple Gluten-Free Fried Rice
- Cooked, Cooled Rice: This filling, naturally gluten-free starch, is the bottom of the dish. Utilizing leftover rice that’s barely dry to the contact is greatest for this recipe.
- Eggs: Provides savory taste, protein, and texture distinction.
- Contemporary or Frozen Greens: You may add virtually any vegetable to this recipe. Savor the very best seasonal produce or use it as a possibility to wash out your fridge & freezer.
- Ginger and Garlic: Provides taste and a few hotness to the dish.
- Cooking oil: Fries the rice, greens, and eggs. Select a impartial cooking oil, like vegetable, peanut, or avocado, that won’t burn at excessive temperatures.
- Gluten-Free Soy Sauce: Provides savory taste and salinity. Make certain to examine the labels. Not all soy sauces are gluten-free or vegan.
- Sesame Oil: Provides richness and complicated taste to the dish.
How you can Make Gluten-Free Fried Rice
- Put together the greens beforehand, in order that they’re able to go when wanted. Cube the carrot and bell pepper, slice the inexperienced onions (separate the inexperienced and white ends), and measure the frozen peas.
- Evenly whisk the eggs in a small bowl (photograph 1). Warmth a big skillet over medium. Add 2 Tablespoons of cooking oil. Add the eggs and scramble till cooked (photograph 2). Switch the eggs to a clear bowl or plate.
- There must be a great quantity of oil left within the skillet. Flip the warmth as much as medium-high. Add the diced carrots and stir and cook dinner for about two minutes. Subsequent, add the bell pepper and the agency, white ends of the inexperienced onions. Cook dinner and stir for one minute extra (photograph 3). Lastly, add the frozen peas and stir and cook dinner till heated by (photograph 4). Switch the greens to a clear bowl or plate.
- Add the remaining 1 Tablespoon of cooking oil to the skillet and swirl to coat the floor. Add the garlic, ginger, and cooked and cooled rice to the skillet (photograph 5). Stir and cook dinner for about 2 minutes or till the rice is heated by.
- Pour the soy sauce and toasted sesame oil over the rice. Stir the rice and sauce collectively till evenly mixed. Flip the warmth off.
- Add the eggs and greens again to the skillet with the rice and stir to mix (photograph 6). Permit the residual warmth from the recent rice to cook dinner the greens. High with the remaining inexperienced ends of the sliced inexperienced onions. Style and modify the soy sauce or sesame oil to your liking.
Suggestions For Making The Finest Gluten-Free Fried Rice
- This dish comes collectively in a short time. That’s why you must prep all of the greens earlier than you start cooking the dish.
- In relation to including further greens and different substances to the dish, much less is extra. There must be the next ratio of rice than greens. Additionally, keep away from including an excessive amount of sauce will lead to a moist, soggy dish.
- Historically, Woks are used to make fried rice dishes as a result of they’ve a bigger floor space than western frying pans and might accommodate extra substances with out overcrowding the pan. When you’ve got a wok, positively use it to make this recipe! If not, use your largest frying pan or a deep-sided forged iron skillet.
- One of many best errors with this Gluten-Free Fried Rice recipe isn’t cooking it shortly or at a high-enough temperature. Keep away from poor outcomes by heating the oil completely with every addition earlier than including the subsequent ingredient.
- Additionally, select a impartial cooking oil (like vegetable, peanut, or avocado) that won’t burn at excessive temperatures.
- One other simple mistake with this Gluten-Free Fried Rice recipe is overcrowding the pan. It’s additionally simple to keep away from! Cook dinner the dish in batches (about 1 cup at a time), transferring every cooked ingredient to a separate bowl with a slotted spoon earlier than including extra to the skillet. After the ultimate batch, add the whole lot again to the skillet to combine collectively and reheat.
- Utilizing leftover rice is advisable for this recipe as a result of rice tends to dry out as soon as refrigerated, so it will get good and crispy simply when cooked once more. Since contemporary rice incorporates extra floor moisture, it’s more durable to fry. Make certain the rice is as dry as attainable earlier than cooking.
The Finest Rice for Gluten-Free Fried Rice
You should use nearly any cooked, cooled rice to make this Gluten-Free Fried Rice. Nonetheless, some forms of rice will work a lot better than others. The perfect rice for fried rice is medium-grain white or brown rice. You too can use long-grain rice like Basmati and even aromatic Jasmine rice. Whereas short-grain sushi rice is usually utilized in Japanese-style fried rice dishes, I wouldn’t advocate it for this do-it-yourself model. Since this kind of rice tends to be very “sticky” and is supposed to clump collectively when cooked, attaining profitable outcomes with this recipe can be far more tough. (however not inconceivable!)
Contemporary Rice v. Leftover Rice for Gluten-Free Fried Rice
Contemporary rice tends to clump up or turn out to be gummy in stir-fried dishes like this Gluten-Free Fried Rice as a result of it incorporates an excessive amount of moisture. That’s why utilizing leftover rice that’s barely dried out is greatest. The grains ought to really feel dry to the contact however not stale. If you might want to use freshly-cooked rice with this recipe, ensure to dry it out as a lot as attainable earlier than making this dish. Additionally, fry the rice in smaller batches (about 1 cup at a time), and take care to interrupt up any clumps of rice together with your fingers when including it to the pan.
How you can Dry Out Contemporary Rice for Gluten-Free Fried Rice
- Earlier than cooking the rice, ensure to rinse it underneath chilly water till the stream of water runs clear and is not cloudy. Rinsing rice reduces the surplus starch on the skin of the rice so it gained’t clump collectively or get mushy.
- As soon as cooked, switch the rice from the pot or rice cooker to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Fluff the rice and unfold it out into a skinny layer with out compressing it an excessive amount of.
- Let the rice cool, uncovered, for so long as attainable. Letting it cool at room temperature in a dry room with good airflow will assist it dry out sooner. It may also be saved within the fridge in a single day.
How you can Dry Out Leftover Rice for Gluten-Free Fried Rice
- Preheat your oven to 350℉.
- On a parchment-lined baking sheet, unfold out the cooked rice in a skinny layer. Break up any clumps together with your fingers.
- As soon as the oven is preheated, put the baking sheet of rice within the oven, after which flip off the warmth (to keep away from overcooking).
- Toast the pre-cooked rice within the oven’s residual warmth for 5-7 minutes till it feels dry to the contact however not arduous.
Substances Substitutions For Gluten-Free Fried Rice
Examine the labels to make sure you use a gluten-free soy sauce model. Not all manufacturers of soy sauce are gluten-free or vegan. I like to make use of La Choy. Bragg’s Liquid Aminos is a good soy sauce different that can be gluten-free and vegan.
For Vegans: To make this dish vegan, merely omit the eggs or use a vegan egg substitute like Simply Egg. Crumbled agency tofu (well-drained, seasoned, and sauteed for about 5 minutes) additionally has an egg-like texture and can be utilized on this recipe. Examine the labels if you’re making this vegan. Not all manufacturers of soy sauce are vegan.
What to Add to Gluten-Free Fried Rice
Probably the greatest elements about making do-it-yourself Gluten-Free Fried Rice is its versatility. You may add so many alternative greens, proteins, sauces, flavorings, and toppings to combine issues up! Attempt these additions and substitutions in your do-it-yourself Gluten-Free Fried Rice:
- Greens: Add mushrooms, broccoli, snap peas, child corn, edamame peas, peppers, or purple chiles. Serve with chopped cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice for an additional burst of freshness and taste.
- You may simplify the dish extra with a frozen vegetable combine.
- Proteins: Earlier than cooking the greens, fry up some bacon strips, cubed tofu, shrimp, sliced sausages, or chunks of rooster or beef. Add the cooked proteins again to the dish on the very finish. If the proteins are already pre-cooked, add them to the pan whenever you cook dinner the rice to make sure they’re completely reheated to a protected temperature.
- Sauces: Add depth of taste or spice with fish sauce, rice wine vinegar, sambal oelek, gochujang, or chili crisp.
- Toppings: Gluten-Free Fried Onions, crispy wasabi peas, chopped nuts (like peanuts or cashews), crushed nori, and white or black sesame seeds would all be nice toppings for our Gluten-Free Fried Rice.
How Lengthy Does it Take to Make Gluten-Free Fried Rice?
This Gluten-Free Fried Rice is the final word fast & simple dinner recipe! All of it comes collectively from begin to end in slightly below half-hour. The full cook dinner time is likely to be barely longer to make the dish with a smaller skillet and cook dinner the dish in batches. Nonetheless, taking a number of extra minutes to finish this further step is properly definitely worth the scrumptious outcomes!
Storing and Reheating Leftover Gluten-Free Fried Rice
Retailer leftovers in an hermetic container and refrigerate for as much as 4 days. Reheat the leftovers within the microwave, including 1 tablespoon of water per cup of leftover fried rice. (This very small quantity of water will evaporate and steam the rice barely with out making the rice too moist.) Watch out to not overcook within the microwave, or the rice can turn out to be extraordinarily crunchy and tough to eat. Nonetheless, including some water to the underside of the bowl will assist preserve this from taking place.
Gluten-Free Fried Rice
Gluten-Free Fried Rice is a fast and simple dinner impressed by conventional Chinese language fried rice. Making do-it-yourself Gluten-Free Fried Rice removes all of the guesswork from ordering takeout, providing you with complete management over every aspect of the dish. This versatile, simple dinner recipe could be made with varied greens, proteins, sauces, and toppings. Our model of Vegetable Fried Rice can be naturally gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan! (However like Mama all the time says, “Examine the labels!”)
Extra Gluten-Free Dinner Recipes To Attempt!
Gluten-Free Fried Rice Dairy-Free & Vegan choices
Fulfill your Chinese language takeout cravings and cut back the guesswork of ordering out with this scrumptious do-it-yourself Gluten-Free Fried Rice recipe!
Cube the carrot and bell pepper, slice the inexperienced onions (separate the inexperienced and white ends), and measure the frozen peas.
Evenly whisk the eggs in a small bowl. Warmth a big skillet over medium and add 2 Tablespoons of cooking oil. Add the eggs and scramble till cooked. Switch the eggs to a clear bowl or plate.
There must be a great quantity of oil left within the skillet. Flip the warmth as much as medium-high. Add the diced carrots and stir and cook dinner for about two minutes. Subsequent, add the bell pepper and the agency, white ends of the inexperienced onions. Cook dinner and stir for one minute extra. Lastly, add the frozen peas and stir and cook dinner till heated by. Switch the greens to a clear bowl or plate.
Add the remaining 1 Tablespoon of cooking oil to the skillet and swirl to coat the floor. Add the garlic, ginger, and cooked and cooled rice to the skillet. Stir and cook dinner for about 2 minutes or till the rice is heated by.
Pour the soy sauce and toasted sesame oil over the rice. Stir the rice and sauce collectively till evenly mixed. Flip the warmth off.
Add the eggs and greens again to the skillet with the rice and stir to mix. Permit the residual warmth from the recent rice to cook dinner the greens. High with the remaining inexperienced ends of the sliced inexperienced onions. Style and modify the soy sauce or sesame oil to your liking.
- Ideally, the rice must be cooked the day past and refrigerated in a single day. If making contemporary rice, ensure to rinse the rice completely earlier than boiling it and dry it out as a lot as attainable earlier than cooking once more.
- Select a impartial cooking oil that won’t burn underneath excessive warmth (like vegetable, canola, avocado, or peanut oil).
- Retailer leftovers in an air-tight container within the fridge for as much as 4 days.
- Reheat within the microwave, including 1 tablespoon of water per cup of leftover rice. Don’t overcook, or the rice will turn out to be crunchy and tough to eat.
- Mama says, “all the time examine your labels!” Not all manufacturers of soy sauce are gluten-free.
Serving: 1.25cups | Energy: 551kcal | Carbohydrates: 85g | Protein: 14g | Fats: 17g | Saturated Fats: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 5g | Monounsaturated Fats: 9g | Trans Fats: 0.1g | Ldl cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 806mg | Potassium: 407mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 3995IU | Vitamin C: 56mg | Calcium: 69mg | Iron: 2mg