This submit might include affiliate hyperlinks for which I earn a small fee at no additional value to you. For more information, try my Disclosure Coverage. Thanks in your help!
These Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Muffins are probably the most scrumptious baking recipe for a picnic or lunchbox – everybody will love them!
Full of milk chocolate chips, these mild and scrumptious gluten free muffins will even be liked by the gluten eaters.
Utilizing yoghurt makes a very mushy and lightweight sponge, and naturally I’m going heavy on the chocolate chips.
I simply assume you’ll be able to’t beat a gluten free chocolate chip muffin, whether or not it is with a cuppa as a mid-morning snack or as a part of a picnic within the park.
The freeze nicely, journey nicely, and could be an ideal gluten free baking venture for youths throughout wet weekends or the vacations too.
All you want is just a few easy elements and also you’re good to go!
And in the event you like these, why not pair them with a few of my different gluten free muffin recipes, like my gluten free triple chocolate muffins?
Components for gluten free chocolate chip muffins
There is a full, printable recipe card beneath, however right here I’ve outlined the primary elements you will have to make these gluten free muffins with chocolate chips.
The principle elements you will want are:
- Butter: You possibly can both use unsalted butter on this recipe or a dairy free different. I like utilizing the Stork Baking Unfold in addition to I discover it creates a very mild texture.
- Sugar: You may want caster sugar for this recipe – within the US search for superfine sugar or baker’s sugar.
- Eggs: I at all times use UK massive eggs in my baking.
- Pure Yoghurt: You possibly can both use full-fat or low-fat yoghurt, each work nicely. I’ve made these with each Pure Yoghurt and Greek Yoghurt and each labored a deal with.
- Plain Gluten Free Flour: I normally use the FREEE Plain Gluten Free Flour however this could work with any plain (or All Objective) gluten free flour mix. Make sure you use a flour mix, not a single flour like almond or coconut, as this would possibly not yield the identical outcomes.
- Elevating Brokers: I exploit a combination of baking powder and bicarbonate of soda (additionally known as baking soda within the US) on this gluten free chocolate chip muffin recipe to get a pleasant rise on the muffins.
- Xanthan Gum: You possibly can omit this in case your flour mix already has it. If you haven’t any, do not panic – it simply helps to create a greater texture. A bit goes a good distance.
- Chocolate Chips: I at all times prefer to go together with milk chocolate chips in my chocolate chip muffins. However you may strive white or darkish – or a mix of all 3 – in the event you favor.
Is that this chocolate chip muffins recipe dairy free?
Because it stands, this gluten free chocolate chip muffins recipe incorporates dairy, however it may be tailored to be dairy free.
Merely swap the chocolate chips for dairy free ones, use a dairy free unfold as a substitute of butter, and use a dairy free yoghurt and milk different.
I’ve made these dairy free earlier than they usually’ve turned out very well with these easy swaps!
Suggestions for making gluten free chocolate chip muffins
Making these gluten free chocolate chip muffins actually could not be any simpler, however I do have just a few ideas and tips that will help you.
Firstly, I prefer to prepare dinner the muffins at 200C (Fuel Mark 6) for the primary 5 minutes, then flip the oven all the way down to 180C (Fuel Mark 4) for the remaining time.
The preliminary burst of warmth helps the muffins to rise properly, with out over-cooking them.
I additionally prefer to pop them in muffin cases like these ones so they do not spill excessive – and it makes them appear like correct bakery type muffins!
Similar to the bakery type chocolate chip muffins you see within the espresso outlets that at all times include gluten – however higher.
Lastly, in the event you discover the chocolate chips are sinking, strive popping a spoonful of batter into the underside of every cake case earlier than including chocolate chips to the combination.
It will assist to cease them sinking an excessive amount of – you may as well dot just a few additional ones on prime earlier than baking in the event you like!
My gluten free chocolate chip muffins recipe
This gluten free chocolate chips muffins recipe is very easy to make and the right picnic or lunchbox staple.
This recipe makes 12 muffins however you may simply halve it to make six, or double it in order for you 24.
Any leftovers additionally freeze nicely so in the event you’re the one gluten free particular person in the home you’ll be able to hold a stash within the freezer prepared for these muffin cravings.
And please do depart a overview to let others know you really liked it too! It will imply the world to me.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Prepare dinner Time 18 minutes
Complete Time 28 minutes
- 100g unsalted butter, (softened)
- 175g caster sugar
- 2 massive eggs
- 140g pure yoghurt, (I used full fats)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp milk
- 250g plain gluten free flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ¼ tsp xanthan gum
- 200g milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 200’C / Fan 180C / Fuel Mark 6 and place 12 muffin instances in a 12-hole muffin tin.
- In a big mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar along with an electrical whisk till pale and fluffy. Add the eggs, yoghurt, milk and vanilla extract and blend once more till mixed.
- Sift within the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and xantham gum. Fold in utilizing a wood spoon or spatula till mixed. Pour within the chocolate chips and fold in gently till evenly distributed.
- Spoon the combination evenly between the 12 muffin instances, after which place within the oven. Bake for five minutes after which flip the temperature all the way down to 180’C / Fan 160C / Fuel Mark 4. Bake for an extra 15-18 minutes and take away from the oven. They need to be golden on prime and a skewer within the centre ought to come out clear.
- Cool on a cooling rack earlier than consuming. Will hold in an hermetic container for 2-3 days after baking, however greatest served barely heat from the oven.
Any leftovers will hold in an hermetic container for 3-5 days. You too can freeze them – defrost at room temperature earlier than consuming.
Quantity Per Serving: Energy: 303Complete Fats: 13gSaturated Fats: 8gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 4gLdl cholesterol: 54mgSodium: 222mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 1gSugar: 24gProtein: 5g
Want extra gluten free muffin recipe inspiration?
Listed below are some extra gluten free muffin recipes you’ll be able to check out as soon as you have made this Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Muffins recipe.
You probably have any recipe ideas, please let me know within the feedback what you’d prefer to see subsequent!
Like this Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Muffins recipe?
Ensure you observe me on Pinterest and pin this recipe card below for later!