Questioning what to make for dinner tonight? We could have the reply – and it is seasonal, scrumptious and plant-based. Combining seasonal hokkaido pumpkin (although you need to use any squash), with spicy chipotle paste and flavoured cauliflower rice – this flavour packed dish could be your new favorite vegan dinner recipe.
1 purple onion, finely sliced
1 tablespoon further virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons chipotle paste
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 hokkaido pumpkin (approx 600g), pores and skin on, lower into wedges, seeds eliminated
2 combined peppers (we used purple and yellow), sliced
1 massive orange
3 tablespoons vegan yoghurt
For the cauliflower rice:
1 medium cauliflower
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves, finely grated or minced
2 teaspoons floor cumin
A big handful of coriander, finely chopped, plus further leaves to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Toss the purple onion slices with the juice of 1 lime in a small bowl, add salt and scrunch collectively. Put aside to pickle.
- In a small bowl, combine collectively the oil, chipotle, maple syrup and juice of the 1 lime. Season nicely. Toss the pumpkin wedges in half of the sauce and reserve half for later.
- Roast for quarter-hour earlier than including the peppers to the tray. Return to the oven for 15 extra minutes.
- Within the meantime, grate the cauliflower head to create cauliflower ‘rice’.
- In a big pan, over a medium warmth, warmth the olive oil and add the garlic and cumin, cook dinner for 30 seconds till aromatic. Subsequent add the cauliflower rice and cook dinner for two minutes, season to style and put aside.
- After the squash has been cooking half-hour, take away from the oven and toss with the remaining chipotle maple combination and put aside.
- Use a serrated knife to peel away the pores and skin of the remaining limes and the orange. Slice into rounds.
- To plate. Stir by means of the chopped coriander into the cauliflower and place rice onto a platter, then layer up the pumpkin, peppers, orange and limes on high, then lastly high with the bred onions and vegan yoghurt.
Click on right here for extra delicious lunch and dinner concepts.