This hearty cabbage soup with rooster, pork and plenty of greens is a straightforward one pot meal.
Cabbage Soup with Hen and Pork
There’s nothing like a hearty soup in center of winter. This cabbage soup is good consolation meals for a chilly winter evening and loaded with veggies! A couple of of my different favourite major dish soups are Stuffed Pepper Soup, Turkey Chili Taco Soup, and Beef, Tomato and Acini Di Pepe Soup. You may see extra Soup Recipes right here!
My cousin Katia by means of collectively this superb soup. Made with a couple of easy substances she had readily available, it crammed the kitchen with the aroma of consolation meals. The parts are giant, making this a filling major dish soup.
In the event you don’t like pork, you may add extra rooster right here. It’s made with rooster breast, however rooster thighs would even be nice.
Yield: 8 servings
Serving Dimension: 1 3/4 cups
- 16 ounces boneless skinless rooster breasts
- 1 pound nation type pork ribs, boneless
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 giant rooster bouillon, equivalent to Knorr
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 8 cups water
- 1 medium head cabbage, chopped (about 9 cups)
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 giant leeks, chopped (whites solely)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1.5 oz brandy, omit should you do not drink alcohol
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, and black pepper, to style
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric or achiote equivalent to Sazon, non-compulsory for shade
Chop meat into small chunks.
In a big pot, mix rooster, pork, water and bouillon, bay leaves and cumin and convey to a boil, then simmer about quarter-hour on medium warmth.
Add the greens and remaining substances.
Scale back to low, cowl and simmer for about 45 minutes.
Please leave a rating and comment letting us know the way you preferred this recipe! This helps our enterprise to thrive and proceed offering free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 1 3/4 cups, Energy: 217 kcal, Carbohydrates: 13 g, Protein: 26.5 g, Fats: 5 g, Saturated Fats: 1.5 g, Ldl cholesterol: 93.5 mg, Sodium: 212.5 mg, Fiber: 4 g, Sugar: 4.5 g