These barbecue rooster meatballs are scrumptious, flavorful, and so tender. The most effective half is, they’re made with none breadcrumbs or eggs, making them appropriate for these with meals allergic reactions. Serve these with a aspect of mashed potatoes and coleslaw.
When the climate begins to chill off, I begin craving cozy, comforting principal dishes, like garlic pasta, lamb stew, or rooster meatballs.
A meal that’s flavorful, heat, and has an exquisite sauce is an enormous hit in my guide. These meatballs are all of that and extra! They’re tender, simple to make, and since they’re freed from gluten, dairy, and eggs, they’re good for these with meals allergic reactions.
These are an exquisite principal dish when served with rice or potatoes, or you may serve them on their very own as a enjoyable appetizer for a celebration.
- Floor Hen – I like to recommend utilizing each floor rooster breast and floor rooster thighs for the very best taste and texture. You possibly can often discover floor rooster on the butcher counter or packaged within the meat part on the grocery retailer.
- Potatoes – Potatoes are what maintain these meatballs collectively. I like to recommend utilizing a few baked potatoes that you simply mash with a fork, and even some leftover mashed potatoes.
- Tomato Sauce – Tomato sauce is the bottom of my favourite do-it-yourself barbecue sauce. We use Muir Glen canned tomato sauce.
- Onion – Onion does add taste to the meatballs, however if you happen to can’t have onion, strive including some contemporary herbs like chives, basil, or cilantro.
- Spices – Each the meatballs and the sauce require a number of spices, like garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, and cumin. We use McCormick model spices, however be at liberty to make use of any model that works in your explicit wants.
Serve these meatballs with:
Retailer leftovers in an hermetic container within the fridge. They need to keep contemporary for about 3-4 days.
🍽 In search of extra comforting dinner recipes? Join my community to get scrumptious gluten free, dairy free, and high 9 free recipes in your inbox every week!
Disclosure: This publish incorporates affiliate hyperlinks.
Barbecue Hen Meatballs (Gluten Free, Egg Free).
These rooster meatballs are coated with a scrumptious do-it-yourself barbecue sauce that is successful with each children and adults!
Forestall your display from going darkish
Make the barbecue sauce:
Warmth the tomato sauce in a sauce pan over medium warmth.
Add the entire different elements.
Deliver to a simmer and prepare dinner for about quarter-hour or so to let the flavors mix.
Make the meatballs:
Preheat the oven to 375 levels F.
Put together the potatoes. I used two small Yukon Gold potatoes that I baked, then mashed with a fork. You can additionally use leftover mashed potatoes if you happen to favor.
Place onion, garlic, rooster, potatoes, and spices in a big bowl and use your arms to combine all the pieces collectively.
Kind the rooster combination into balls and place them in a ceramic baking dish in a single layer.
Add a ½ cup water to the dish, and bake at 375 levels F for 20 minutes.
Pour the barbecue sauce over the meatballs and bake for one more quarter-hour, or till they’re totally cooked. The meatballs ought to attain an inner temperature of 165 levels F.
Serve with rice or mashed potatoes. Take pleasure in!
Retailer leftover meatballs within the fridge. They need to keep contemporary for 3-4 days.
Energy: 394kcalCarbohydrates: 27gProtein: 29gFats: 20gSaturated Fats: 5gPolyunsaturated Fats: 4gMonounsaturated Fats: 10gTrans Fats: 0.1gLdl cholesterol: 130mgSodium: 1291mgPotassium: 1243mgFiber: 3gSugar: 14gVitamin A: 622IUVitamin C: 10mgCalcium: 69mgIron: 3mg