This put up could include affiliate hyperlinks for which I earn a small fee at no further value to you. For more information, try my Disclosure Coverage. Thanks to your assist!
If you would like a brilliant fast and straightforward dinner thought you’ll be able to’t go flawed with this Air Fryer Pesto Rooster and Potatoes. A one pan meal of hen breasts full of pesto and mozzarella with crispy potatoes.
This straightforward pesto hen breast recipe is such a fast solution to prepare dinner dinner – if you have not tried it earlier than then you are going to like it.
I like a dinner recipe I can simply throw within the air fryer basket with minimal prep and that is precisely it.
The butterflied hen breasts are full of stringy mozzarella and punchy pesto and the brand new potatoes go fantastically crisp.
I all the time use my home made gluten free pesto for this recipe however any form of pesto will work simply as effectively – you’ll be able to even use a dairy free one.
Serve this fast air fryer meal up with steamed inexperienced veg or a contemporary salad for the best midweek meal ever.
I am beginning to develop extra air fryer recipes so if in case you have one and need to see extra do let me know within the feedback on the backside of this put up.
Air fryer hen is certainly a favorite in our home so I am going to try to work on growing some extra air fryer hen recipes quickly.
Substances for Air Fryer Pesto Rooster
There is a full printable recipe card beneath with the portions, however listed here are the primary elements you may want for this recipe:
- Rooster Breasts – You may want boneless skinless hen breasts for this recipe, which you’ll be able to simply decide up within the grocery store.
- Pesto – Most pesto is gluten free, and my home made pesto recipe will take this to an entire new degree. I like a traditional inexperienced pesto however be happy to combine it up with a unique pesto similar to purple pesto or chilli pesto.
- Mozzarella – I take advantage of a ball of mozzarella as I discover it has a nicer texture however you could possibly use grated mozzarella as a substitute. Be happy to make use of a unique cheese when you choose similar to Cheddar cheese, brie or Stilton.
- Child Potatoes – Child potatoes, Charlotte potatoes or new potatoes all work rather well on this recipe. You possibly can all the time chop up regular white or candy potatoes when you choose.
- Seasoning – I take advantage of garlic granules and a combined Italian seasoning to season the potatoes, together with olive oil. You possibly can combine this up when you like however for me the Italian seasoning you should purchase within the grocery store does the job completely.
Can I make this pesto hen recipe dairy free?
If you wish to make a dairy free air fryer pesto hen you are able to do so with only a few easy swaps.
Look within the free from aisle for a vegan pesto and use a dairy free cheese, and the recipe can be fully gluten and dairy free.
The right way to make air fryer pesto hen
The total methodology is within the printable recipe card beneath however to point out you the way straightforward it’s to make let me inform you the essential steps.
First you may must butterfly your hen breasts, which is once you reduce them in half lengthways with out reducing right through.
Open them out – like a butterfly – and unfold your pesto on one aspect.
Lay slices of mozzarella on high after which shut the hen breast like a e-book, utilizing a skewer or cocktail persist with seal it shut if wanted.
To get the potatoes prepared, merely reduce them in half and toss them within the olive oil and seasonings.
Lay the hen breasts within the air fryer basket then prepare the potatoes round them in a single even layer.
I air fry them on 185C however all the time have a play and see what works finest to your particular person air fryer.
My Air Fryer Pesto Rooster Recipe
This gluten free air fryer pesto hen recipe is a simple and fast dinner recipe.
Everybody will like it and if you do not have an air fryer I’ve put directions for cooking it within the oven beneath too.
Although I do extremely suggest getting an air fryer as they have been an absolute game-changer for me within the kitchen.
I additionally shared this recipe on my Instagram web page so hopefully this video will show how straightforward that is to make:
And please do go away a evaluation to let others know you liked it too! It might imply the world to me.
- 2 hen breasts
- 2 tbsp pesto (I used home made)
- Half a ball of mozzarella (sliced)
- 400g child potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp garlic granules
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Sea salt
- Butterfly the hen breasts and open them up. Smear 1 tbsp pesto over each after which place 2 mozzarella slices in every.
- Shut the hen again up once more (you should use a skewer or cocktail stick to maintain it in place) and place within the air fryer basket.
- Lower the child potatoes in half and add to a bowl with the olive oil, garlic granules, Italian seasoning and a beneficiant serving to of salt. Toss to coat then empty into the air fryer basket in a good layer across the hen.
- Prepare dinner at 185C for 20 minutes and serve. If utilizing the oven, prepare dinner on a baking tray at 200C for 25-Half-hour till the hen is cooked by means of.
As an Amazon Affiliate and member of different affiliate applications, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Quantity Per Serving: Energy: 467Complete Fats: 13gSaturated Fats: 3gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 9gLdl cholesterol: 108mgSodium: 444mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 5gSugar: 2gProtein: 44g
Want extra gluten free recipe inspiration?
Listed below are some extra gluten free dinner recipes you’ll be able to check out as soon as you’ve got made this Gluten Free Air Fryer Pesto Rooster recipe.
When you’ve got any recipe strategies, please let me know within the feedback what you’d prefer to see subsequent!
Like this Air Fryer Pesto Rooster recipe?
Be sure you comply with me on Pinterest and pin this recipe card below for later!
Concerning the writer
Sarah Howells is a UK gluten free blogger and writer. She has been dwelling with coeliac illness since 2002. Her debut recipe e-book, Delicious Gluten Free Meals, is out in September.