This submit might include Amazon or different affiliate hyperlinks. As an Amazon Affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Making keto crab desserts in your air fryer means much less mess and fewer clear up. This air fryer crab cake recipe is simple to make and completely scrumptious. You wouldn’t know they’re grain-free and wholesome! Stovetop directions included.
Air fryers have modified the sport within the kitchen and these air fryer crab desserts are proof. They’re quick and straightforward, with much less mess, and so they don’t splatter oil all over the place as you cook dinner.
My husband and I’ve been making keto crab desserts at residence perpetually. He loves them and sometimes orders them in eating places, however I’ve to abstain. Conventional crab desserts normally take bread crumbs or crushed crackers as a binder, and most eating places don’t stray removed from that method.
So in fact we got here up with our personal low carb recipe, and we love them! I really like cooking them in my air fryer. However don’t fear in case you don’t personal one, I additionally embody directions on cook dinner them on the stovetop.
If you happen to love air fryer crab desserts, be sure you take a look at these air fryer steak bites too.
Why you’ll love these
Making keto pleasant crab desserts is fairly much like conventional crab desserts. The one actual distinction is what you utilize for the binder. You need one thing that absorbs the moisture however doesn’t make the ensuing desserts dry.
I’ve used almond flour and crushed pork rinds earlier than and each work nicely. However I additionally actually just like the cracker crumbs from Real Phat Foods. I additionally use them in my Keto Meatballs and so they add nice taste and texture.
These crab desserts maintain collectively so properly in each the air fryer and when fried in a pan. They develop a deliciously browned, barely crusty outdoors, however are so tender and moist within the center. And so they have just one.3g web carbs per cake. So you may afford to have two of them if you wish to make a meal out of it.
The leftovers make a tasty breakfast or lunch, too! I prefer to eat one with a fried egg and a few avocado on high. It’s an ideal brunch recipe.
“These are scrumptious and straightforward to make. My complete household (together with the choosy ten yr outdated) love them. Thanks for all of your wonderful recipes!” — Amy
“Scrumptious! That is the perfect tasting low carb crab desserts i’ve ever made and that features a excessive carb model! Carolyn you’re a genius and I really like your recipes! I already personal 2 of your cookbooks and might be shopping for extra for certain. Thanks!” — Carole
“Good adaptation if conventional recipes which use bread crumbs or panko. I don’t have an air fryer so sauté them range high. However now I take advantage of butter as an alternative of oil!” — Pat
- Lump crab meat: Use good high quality crab meat, as it can make a distinction. You don’t have to purchase costly contemporary crab meat, however get good canned crab. If it doesn’t say “lump crab meat”, then it’s finely shredded crab and received’t have the fitting taste or texture.
- Keto cracker crumbs: I used Real Phat cracker crumbs and it labored so nicely. However you can even use almond flour or crushed pork rinds. Don’t use coconut flour, it makes them too dry.
- Egg: An egg helps the desserts maintain collectively correctly.
- Mayonnaise: Mayo provides moisture and a bit of tanginess to the keto crab desserts.
- Dijon mustard: This provides some zing to the flavour!
- Butter: Brushing the crab desserts with some melted butter earlier than including them to the air fryer helps brown the outside properly.
- Outdated Bay seasoning: You too can use another fish seasonings or some Cajun seasoning.
- Recent herbs: Parsley and inexperienced onion add a little bit of colour.
- Salt and pepper: Go simple on the salt, because the pork rinds and the seasoning typically include a good bit.
1. Put together the combination: In a big bowl, break up the crab meat with a fork. Stir within the cracker crumbs (or almond flour), parsley, inexperienced onion, seasoning, salt, and pepper till nicely mixed. Stir within the egg, mayo, and mustard till the combination is nicely moistened.
2. Type the patties: Use your fingers to kind into 4 patties, every about ¾ inch to 1 inch thick.
3. Refrigerate: Place on a waxed paper lined plate and refrigerate not less than half-hour. This permits them to agency up a bit earlier than cooking.
4. Air Fry: Spray or brush the air fryer rack with oil (I used avocado oil spray). Brush melted butter over each side of the crab desserts and place on the rack. Air fry at 350F for 10 minutes, rigorously flipping midway by cooking.
5. For the spicy mayo: Whisk the elements collectively in a small bowl. Serve the crab desserts with lemon and a dollop of spicy mayo.
In case you are utilizing canned crab, be sure you have a look at the DRY WEIGHT on the label, slightly than the full weight. The entire weight typically contains some liquid and it is advisable to know the true weight of the meat.
The combination might be fairly moist and tender once you kind it into patties, and so that you need to refrigerate for not less than half-hour earlier than air frying. An hour is even higher.
Remember to brush or spray the rack with oil to maintain issues from sticking. Brushing the air fryer crab desserts with butter on each side additionally helps them crisp up properly and provides further taste.
Stovetop Instructions: To fry these crab desserts in a pan, merely soften the butter over medium warmth and fry the crab desserts for 3 to 4 minutes per aspect.
Regularly Requested Questions
With a number of simple substitutions, you may get pleasure from crab desserts whereas following a keto eating regimen. As an alternative of utilizing breadcrumbs, swap out with almond flour or crushed pork rinds. And use actual crab meat! Don’t use imitation crab, because it comprises a shocking quantity of carbs.
Retailer cooked crab desserts in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 3 days. You too can freeze them. As soon as they’re utterly cool, place them in freezer baggage and freeze them for as much as three months.
This keto crab cake recipe has 2.4g of carbs and 1.1g of fiber per serving. That involves 1.3g web carbs per crab cake.
Extra scrumptious air fryer recipes
Air Fryer Pork Chops
These Air Fryer Pork Chops are juicy, tender, and completely scrumptious. High them with brown butter and crispy sage leaves for an out-of-this-world low carb meal.
Keto Mug Brownie
This keto mug brownie is gooey and decadent, and serves only one individual. It’s the proper single-serve dessert once you want chocolatey goodness however you don’t need the leftovers.
Air Fryer Crab Truffles Recipe
Making keto crab desserts in your air fryer means much less mess and fewer clear up. This air fryer crab cake recipe is simple to make and completely scrumptious. You would not know they’re grain-free and wholesome! Stovetop directions included.
Servings: 4 desserts
In a big bowl, break up the crab meat with a fork. Stir within the cracker crumbs, parsley, inexperienced onion, Outdated Bay, salt, and pepper till nicely mixed.
Stir within the egg, mayo, and mustard till the combination is nicely moistened. Use your fingers to kind into 4 patties, every about ¾ inch to 1 inch thick. Place on a waxed paper lined plate and refrigerate not less than half-hour.
Spray or brush the air fryer rack with oil (I used avocado oil spray). Brush melted butter over each side of the crab desserts and place on the rack.
Air fry at 350F for 10 minutes, rigorously flipping midway by cooking.
For the mayo, whisk the elements collectively in a small bowl. Serve the crab desserts with lemon and a dollop of spicy mayo.
Storage Data: Retailer cooked crab desserts in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 3 days. You too can freeze them. As soon as they’re utterly cool, place them in freezer baggage and freeze them for as much as three months.
Air Fryer Crab Truffles Recipe
Quantity Per Serving (1 crab cake)
Energy from Fats 119
% Day by day Worth*
* P.c Day by day Values are based mostly on a 2000 calorie eating regimen.