These 5 ingredient rice crispie millionaires are a superb no bake, gluten free recipe. A dulche de leche rice crispy base, topped with a thick layer of milk and white chocolate – these are SUCH a tasty deal with.
These have been born out of a random recipe brainwave I had one morning, whereas considering up methods to make use of up a tin of Carnation Caramel (gosh that stuff is GOOD!). And I’m so glad I acted on that brainwave and created these as a result of they’re totally scrumptious and we’ve cherished munching them this week.
They hold very well within the fridge for as much as 5 days. Merely retailer them in a tupperware field or cowl with cling movie. They’d additionally been effective at room temperature when the climate is cooler.
What Can I Use As a substitute of Carnation Caramel?
It is a generally out there ingredient within the UK, however I’m right here for you worldwide readers! In Australia, I imagine Nestle High n Fill Caramel is identical factor.
For readers elsewhere, this can be a primarily tinned dulche de leche, constructed from milk and sugar. Hopefully you should have an analogous product regionally. Do let me know in case you have success with a selected model (and your location), so I can add particulars right here for different readers.
I’ve added butter to the bottom to assist the squares set and I discovered it labored actually properly, in addition to boiling the dulche de leche for a couple of minutes to thicken it.
Which Rice Crispies Can I Use?
Any gluten free ones ought to work properly – rice crispies, rice pops, rice snaps. I used some supermarket own brand ones (Asda free from), however a unique selection can be simply pretty much as good, so long as it’s a particularly gluten free one. Word Kelloggs Rice Krispies (and different primary stream varieties) will not be gluten free.
If you happen to aren’t gluten free and have discovered your self craving these, customary rice crispies will work completely too.
5-Ingredient Rice Crispie Millionaires Recipe
You’ll discover the recipe for these rice crispie millionaires under, together with some methodology photographs to assist information you. Any questions if you are making it, please do message me on social media (@myglutenfreeguide) or e mail me at [email protected].
If you happen to take pleasure in these gluten free rice crispie millionaires, please do go away a overview on the recipe card under. It makes a world of distinction to me :). And you can even share photographs of your own home creations in my Cooking Club on Facebook.
Thanks a lot! Laura xxx
Prepare dinner Time:
1 hour half-hour
Attractive dulche de leche rice crispy squares topped with a thick layer of milk and white chocolate. This simple no bake recipe is gluten free and solely makes use of 5 substances!
- 80g unsalted butter
- 397g tin Carnation Caramel
- 200g gluten free rice crispies/rice pops
- 300g milk chocolate
- 50g white chocolate
- Add the butter and the Carnational caramel to a medium non-stick saucepan. Place over a medium warmth and permit the butter to soften, whereas sometimes stirring with a wood spoon. As soon as melted, carry the caramel to the boil then flip the warmth all the way down to a delicate simmer (small bubbles solely) and prepare dinner for an additional 8 minutes.
- Tip the rice crispies into the pan with the caramel and stir till all of the rice crispies are effectively coated with caramel.
- Tin a 20cm sq. tin or dish with non-stick baking paper (you may additionally want to evenly grease the tin to cease the paper sliding round). Tip the caramel rice crispies into the tin and use a fork to press them into an excellent layer throughout the bottom. Cowl with cling movie and place within the fridge to relax for half-hour.
- As soon as chilled, chop the milk chocolate into small items and place in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds, go away to take a seat for a minute then stir. Repeat this a few times, till the chocolate is melted. Pour the melted milk chocolate over the chilled rice crispie base.
- Chop the white chocolate into small items and place in a microwave-safe bowl. Soften per the method in step 4. Then drizzle it over the milk chocolate after which drag and swirl a skewer or fork by way of the 2 candies to create a marbled impact.
- Cowl with cling movie and place within the fridge to relax for not less than half-hour or till the chocolate has simply set however is just not utterly chilled – it is a lot simpler to chop them earlier than the chocolate goes rock strong. Now, take away from the tin and minimize into 12 or 16 items (relying how huge you need the millionaires to be). Then pop them again within the fridge till you wish to eat them. They’re hold for as much as 5 days.
To make a salted caramel variation, add 0.5 tsp Maldon salt flakes to the caramel base, and sprinkle the chocolate layer with an enormous pinch of salt flakes throughout cooling.
I hope you take pleasure in making and consuming these rice crispie millionaires! For extra gluten free bakes and no bake treats, why not strive a few of my different recipes too:
Take pleasure in! Laura xxx