This splendidly straightforward gluten free tacky dough ball Christmas tree is the proper festive bread to bake. No proving time is required and it solely takes Half-hour to bake.
Comfortable gluten free dough balls, with tacky centres and slathered with garlic butter, this dough ball Christmas tree tastes completely scrumptious too!
Whether or not as a centrepiece for festive buffets, or a enjoyable addition to lunch or dinner, your family and friends will love this one.
For double tacky goodness, why not serve alongside a baked camembert and chutneys. Or for a straightforward but spectacular lunch, serve with huge bowlfuls of soup. My spiced carrot and parsnip or celeriac soups can be sensible with it.
Can I Make This Dough Ball Christmas Tree in Advance?
It’s best baked contemporary, or at the least eaten inside a couple of hours of baking, so I might suggest you make it as close to to serving as potential.
You can also make the dough upfront, form and assemble the tree, them cowl with cling movie and retailer within the fridge for as much as a day. Then permit it to return as much as room temperature (ideally) earlier than baking when wanted.
You possibly can additionally freeze, defrost and bake, when you have sufficient freezer house to accommodate a dough ball tree!
Can I Make a Bigger Dough Ball Christmas Tree to Serve Extra Individuals?
Sure completely. Double or triple the recipe in case you want a much bigger tree, or have enjoyable creating completely different Christmas shapes. Possibly a wreath with a baked camembert within the centre!
It’s possible you’ll want a barely longer baking time, 5-10 minutes, to make sure the dough balls within the centre are baked via. You may take it out of the oven to examine – it received’t have an effect on the bake.
If going for an extended bake, finest that you just rotate the tray 180 levels half manner via baking, to make sure even browning.
Can I Make a Dairy Free/Vegan Model?
The bottom dough positively works with plant base yoghurt (use a thick, Greek type one). As for the cheese aspect, I’ve not tried it however it might positively be price experimenting along with your favorite dairy free cheddar different.
I Can’t Have Garlic, Can I Exchange the Garlic Butter?
Sure you’ll be able to merely brush with melted butter and herbs – it would nonetheless be completely scrumptious!
Tacky Dough Ball Christmas Tree Recipe
This gluten free tacky dough ball Christmas tree serves 2-4 folks, relying in your appetites. You may double or triple the recipe (see particulars above) if you wish to feed a much bigger group.
One can find a couple of pictures beneath this recipe, to present you a visible information as you’re employed via the recipe. For some other assist alongside the best way or when you have questions, please do message me on social media (@myglutenfreeguide) or e-mail me at [email protected].
Should you get pleasure from these gluten free dough ball Christmas tree, please go away a assessment on the recipe card under. It makes a world of distinction to me :). And you can too share pictures of your property creations in my Cooking Club on Facebook.
Get pleasure from! Laura xxx
Cook dinner Time:
A scrumptious tacky dough ball Christmas tree, utterly gluten free, with garlic butter glaze to complete.
- 300g/10.5oz gluten free white bread flour (I used Doves Farm) or Mulino Caputo Fioreglut flour
- 1.5 tsp (2 US tsp) baking powder
- 260ml/9.2 floz plain Greek yoghurt
- 100g/3.5oz cheddar cheese
- Garlic butter – 40g/1.4oz salted butter, 2 tsp olive oil, 1 massive minced garlic cloves/1.5 tsp garlic paste, 1 tsp contemporary parsley (chopped finely)
- Edible decorations akin to purple pepper stars (I used a plunger star cutter to make these)
- 15g/0.5 oz cheddar cheese
- Add the flour, baking powder and yoghurt to a bowl and blend with a spoon till you could have a crumbly dough.
- Knead along with your fingers for a couple of minutes, till you could have a clean ball of dough, then press the dough out pretty flat contained in the bowl (to present you most floor space for the cheese).
- Grate 50g of cheddar (I exploit the high quality grater setting) into the bowl with the dough. Fold the dough to regularly incorporate the cheese, with out it clumping into an enormous lump, then knead the dough till you could have a pleasant clean ball once more.
- Cut up the dough into 17 equal-sized parts (approx 36g every) and put aside on a spot.
- Chop 17 small items of cheese from the remaining 50g. Take a dough portion, flatten barely and place a dice of cheese within the centre. Fold the dough across the cheese and roll every right into a ball. Repeat with 15 parts of dough to present you 15 dough balls.
- Take two parts of dough and mix – place the remaining two cubes of cheese within the center and type a rectangle form round them, to create your tree “pot”.
- With the ultimate piece of dough, flatten and form right into a star, both with a cutter or a knife.
- Now preheat your oven to 180C/350F (fan). Line a baking sheet with non-stick baking paper. Organize your dough balls on the sheet in a Christmas tree form – 5 as the underside of the tree, then 4, 3, 2, 1 for the rows (from backside to prime). Place the star on the prime of the tree and the pot on the backside.
- Brush the tree, star and pot with a bit olive oil. The oil helps to present them a pleasant clean crust – in case you skip it they could cut up and look a bit rustic (except you’re utilizing Mulino Caputo flour, which is extra forgiving). Add 15g finely grated cheddar over the dough in case you like an additional tacky end and any purple pepper star and ribbon decorations in case you are utilizing them.
- Bake on the decrease shelf for 25-Half-hour, till golden and scrumptious.
- If you wish to add the garlic butter to complete (extremely advisable), merely soften the butter in a small ramekin, add the garlic, olive oil and parsley. Stir to mix, then brush over the recent dough balls. Get pleasure from! Serve heat for probably the most scrumptious bread.
For extra festive treats, why not strive a few of my different gluten free recipes:
Get pleasure from! Laura xxx