These simple gluten free dough balls are fast to make and completely scrumptious to eat. Have them plain or slather them with garlic butter. And even strive a candy variation with nutella and white chocolate dipping sauces!
It is a little bit of a cheats recipe, utilizing solely yoghurt, gluten free flour and baking powder. In truth you solely want two substances (yoghurt and flour) if you wish to use gluten free self elevating flour.
The consequence – pretty little dough balls with a crusty outdoors and gentle inside. The proper facet dish so as to add to your dinner. Or have them as a tasty starter or appetizer.
What Gluten Free Flour Ought to I Use?
I attempted an entire host of various gluten free flours after I was making these, so the excellent news is that the majority gluten free flour blends ought to work properly.
I examined particularly with FREEE White Bread Flour, FREEE Self Elevating Flour and Mulino Caputo Fioreglut – the magic Italian flour I like a lot.
Which Flour Is Greatest?
Personally, it was a detailed tie between Mulino Caputo Fioreglut and FREEE White Bread Flour. The Mulino Caputo doughballs undoubtedly look extra lovely, completely spherical and uncracked, per a “regular” dough ball. However each have been pretty to eat (see photographs beneath).
Can I Make Them In Advance?
You may make the dough and form them upfront – helpful if you wish to make heaps for a celebration. Then cowl them with cling movie till able to bake.
In case you are prepping greater than an hour upfront, pop them within the fridge (lined with clingfilm). Then take them out about half-hour earlier than baking.
They’re greatest baked recent, as are inclined to go stale after a few hours.
3-Ingredient Gluten Free Dough Balls Recipe
This recipe will make 8 gluten free dough balls. Merely halve, double or triple the substances if you wish to make kind of. The tactic stays unchanged.
One can find just a few photographs beneath this recipe, to provide you a visible information as you’re employed by the recipe. For some other assist alongside the way in which or when you’ve got questions, please do message me on social media (@myglutenfreeguide) or e mail me at [email protected]
In the event you take pleasure in these gluten free dough balls, please go away a evaluation on the recipe card beneath. It makes a world of distinction to me :). And you may as well share photographs of your house creations in my Cooking Club on Facebook.
Take pleasure in! Laura xxx
Cook dinner Time:
Straightforward peasy gluten free dough balls, made utilizing solely gluten free flour, yoghurt and baking powder. An ideal facet dish, starter or appetizer.
- 200g FREEE gluten free white bread flour, self elevating or plain flour or Mulino Caputo Fioreglut gluten free flour
- 1 tsp baking powder (omit it utilizing self elevating flour)
- 180g greek yoghurt/thick plain yoghurt
- Olive oil
Garlic Butter (non-compulsory – to complete)
- 20g salted butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced/1 tsp garlic paste
- 0.5 tsp dried parsley
- Preheat the oven to 180C (fan) and light-weight grease a small baking tin or tray with oil.
- Add the flour, baking powder and yoghurt to a bowl and blend with a spoon till you’ve got a crumbly dough.
- Knead together with your arms for a couple of minutes, till you’ve got a clean ball of dough.
- Break up the dough into 8 equal-sized items and roll every right into a ball.
- Organize your dough balls within the tin and brush the tops with a little bit olive oil. The oil helps to provide them a pleasant clean crust – in the event you skip it they could break up and look a bit rustic (until you’re utilizing Mulino Caputo flour, which is extra forgiving).
- Bake on the decrease shelf for 20-25 minutes, till golden and scrumptious.
- If you wish to make them into garlic butter dough balls, merely soften the butter in a small ramekin, add the garlic a tsp olive oil and the dried parsley. Stir to mix, then brush over the recent doughballs. Take pleasure in!
For easier gluten free bread recipes, test these out:
Completely satisfied Baking! Laura xxx